Applications are accepted for summer and fall semesters only. Eligible applicants must have a four-year accredited undergraduate degree in accounting from a U.S. institution**. Summer enrollment is strongly recommended to allow candidates time to complete any necessary prerequisites that are tested on the CPA exam during the final spring semester of the program.
Application Materials Due by October 1st:
- Submit your Graduate School Online Application ($60 fee for domestic applicants) by October 15th. You may log in to finish an incomplete application or monitor the progress of your
completed application by using your PIN and password. In order to submit your online
Graduate School application, the system requires that you upload the following into
- One-page resume that reflects not only past activities/employment, but also your prospective spring or summer internship).
- One page, double-spaced Statement of Purpose describing why you should be admitted to the Auburn University Master of Accountancy program.
- Names and contact information for three references , two of which must be from former accounting professors who hold PhDs. The third reference may be from a professor, former employer, etc. Using the "Recommendations" tab on the left side of the Graduate School E-Application, click on the "Recommendation Provider List" and add three references. Applicants should waive the right to view letters of recommendation; otherwise, providers may refuse to complete the recommendations. Also, please indicate that your provider will be completing the recommendation form online.
- Submit an Official GMAT score to Auburn University. Applicants are strongly encouraged to take the GMAT the summer preceding the October 15th deadline but may submit their final GMAT score by December 1st.
- After submitting your Graduate School Online Application and paying your application fee, you will receive an email from the Auburn MAcc Program acknowledging receipt of your application. In this email, you will be required to complete an online form indicating your interest in being considered for a Graduate Assistantship (GA) position and a scholarship. Your application acknowledgment email is not automatically sent after submitting your online Graduate School application. There are many processes that must be completed before your email is sent.
- Campus MAcc applicants invited to the next round will be required to interview with MAcc Program Administration.
Application Materials Due by December 1st:
- Three Letters of Recommendation completed by the three references listed in your online application.
- Official GMAT score, if one wasn't submitted by October 15th or a final GMAT score, if a second score was needed to be more competitive for admission.
- Official transcript(s) to MAcc Program Admissions, 355 Lowder Hall; Auburn University,
AL 36849 or e-copies (preferred) to email@example.com.
- Auburn University undergraduates ARE NOT required to submit transcripts from institutions where you earned transfer credit. An official Auburn transcript will be ordered on your behalf from the Registrar's Office. If you would like to complete your application more quickly, you may request an official transcript be sent to MAcc Program Admissions.
- Candidates who are not Auburn University undergraduates must submit an official transcript from every university attended, even if transfer credit was applied to your main institution.
**For international candidates who have completed the undergraduate accounting pre-requisites at a U.S. institution but do not hold a U.S. degree, the candidate must submit a TOEFL score with his or her application.