Applications are accepted for summer and fall semesters only. Eligible applicants must have a four-year accredited undergraduate degree in accounting from a U.S. institution**. Summer enrollment is strongly recommended to allow candidates time to complete any necessary prerequisites that are tested on the CPA exam during the final spring semester of the program.
- Complete the Graduate School Online Application ($60 fee for domestic applicants) on or before October 1st. Using your PIN and password,
you may log in to finish an incomplete application or monitor the progress of your
completed application. The supporting application materials listed below must be included
in your application package by the final deadline of December 1st.
- Upload a one-page resume that reflects not only past activities/employment, but prospective spring or summer internship).
- Upload a one page, double-spaced Statement of Purpose. The Statement of Purpose should describe why you should be admitted to the Auburn University Master of Accountancy program.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from former professors (at least two PhDs) using the "Recommendations" tab on the left side of the Graduate School E-Application. After clicking on the "Recommendations" tab, click on the "Recommendation Provider List" and add three references. We strongly recommend that you waive your right to see the letter of recommendation; otherwise, your provider may refuse to complete the recommendation. Also, please indicate that your provider will be completing the recommendation form online.
- Submit official GMAT score to Auburn University. A candidate's GMAT score must not be older than five years.
- Submit official transcript(s) to MAcc Program Admissions; 355 Lowder Hall; Auburn
University, AL 36849 (hard copies) or firstname.lastname@example.org (e-copies - PREFERRED).
- Auburn University undergraduates ARE NOT required to submit transcripts for institutions from which you earned transfer credit. An official Auburn transcript will automatically be ordered on your behalf from the Registrar, but if you would like to complete your application more quickly, follow the official transcript request instructions above.
- Candidates who are not Auburn University undergraduates must submit an official transcript from every university attended, even if transfer credit was applied to your main institution.
- After submitting your Graduate School Online Application and paying your application fee, you will receive an email from the Auburn MAcc Program acknowledging receipt of your application. In this email, you will be required to complete an online form indicating your interest in being considered for a Graduate Assistantship (GA) position and a scholarship.
- Campus MAcc applicants are required to interview with MAcc Program Administration.
**For international candidates who have completed the undergraduate accounting pre-requisites at a U.S. institution but do not hold a U.S. degree, the candidate must submit a TOEFL score with his or her application.