Auburn University requires a minimum 3.0 major GPA & a minimum 3.0 AU cumulative GPA to satisfy graduation requirements.
The MSIS degree is an open degree that has only three required courses. ISMN 7830/6 and ISMN 7660/6 are database and systems respectively and contain material necessary for successful completion of the final project course (ISMN 7980). The project course is conducted as an individual course in conjunction with the student’s committee chair and members.
Several concentrations are possible within the degree program. Current concentrations include a three course sequence in security, Geospatial information systems, or technical skills.
Courses are subject to change depending on what is offered in a given semester.
- BUAL 6600: Predictive Modeling I
- BUAL 6610: Predictive Modeling II
- BUAL 6650: Enterprising Management of the Big Data Environment
- BUAL 6660: Tech Aspects of Big Data
- BUAL 6860: Communicating Quantitative Results in Business
- ISMN 6040: Telecommunications Management
- ISMN 6290: Advanced Programming Application Development
- ISMN 6370: Project Management
- ISMN 6620: Business Applications with Open Source Software
- ISMN 6650: Advanced Object-Oriented and Internet Programming
- ISMN 6730: Security and Information Assurance
- ISMN 6740: Information Risk Analysis
- ISMN 6900: Directed Studies
- ISMN 6960: Special Problems
- ISMN 7660: Information Systems Analysis and Design
- ISMN 7830: Advanced Database Management Systems Projects
- ISMN 7880: Advanced Management Information Systems
- ISMN 7980: MMIS Project
Graduate Programs Officer