Admitted students will receive a waiver of the university and college core classes because of their previous AACSB accredited business degrees and are only required to complete 30 semester hours in accounting. The required courses are offered every semester - fall, spring, and summer.
Required Courses: (21 hours, 3 credit hours each)
- ACCT 3113 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 3123 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 3213 Cost Accounting
- ACCT 3313 Business Processes & Internal Controls
- ACCT 3513 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 4313 Auditing & Assurance Services
- ACCT 4413 Income Tax I
Accounting Electives: (6 hours - choose two classes)
- ACCT 5133 Advanced Accounting Topics (fall and spring)
- ACCT 5423 Income Tax II (fall and spring)
- ACCT 5613 Governmental & Not-For-Profit Accounting (fall and spring)
Accounting Elective (from above) or Business Elective: (3 hours)
- ACCT 5703 Advanced Business Law (fall, spring and summer)
For course descriptions, please refer to the AU Bulletin.
The student's plan of study must be approved by Andee Hodo, Assistant Director of Accounting Online Programs, at email@example.com or 334-844-6207. Students interested in meeting the educational requirements for the Uniform CPA examination while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Accounting will be advised by Mrs. Hodo to accomplish this goal.