The online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Accounting program is for second degree seeking candidates who decide after working a number of years to change career paths into accounting or would like to complete the educational requirements for the CPA Exam. Earning an online accounting degree through Auburn makes preparing to sit for the CPA exam easier than you’ve imagined, even while juggling work and family life. In only 30 semester hours ( or five semesters) students who already have an AACSB accredited business degree can complete the online BS in Accounting at Auburn University while working full-time.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Online Accounting Program
Auburn's on-campus accounting classes are recorded and online students view their
lectures via streaming video either live or at a time convenient to their work schedules.
The distance learning students follow the same academic calendar and receive the same instruction and AASCB accredited degree as their on-campus peers.
The online option of the BS in Accounting is identical to the on-campus option regarding
rigor, standards, and student accountability. The only difference is that online
students are not physically on-campus. Completing an online accounting degree has
never been as easy as it is through Auburn Accounting Online.
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the online Bachelor of Science in Accounting program is limited to second degree seeking candidates only who meet the following criteria:
- Completed either an AACSB-accredited bachelor's degree in business or an AACSB-accredited MBA. Students with MBAs who do not have a business undergraduate degree must have completed courses equivalent to the required business foundation prerequisites.
- Must have either a USA or APO address.
- Must meet the business foundation prerequisites outlined on the Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting Program Prerequisite Checklist.
Students admitted to the online BS in Accounting will receive a waiver of the university
and college core classes because of their previous AACSB accredited business degree
and are only required to complete 30 unique semester hours in accounting at Auburn
Students who are working full-time may take six semester hours per semester and complete the program in five semesters. Students who are not working may complete the program more quickly.
The admissions process and advising is administered by Auburn Accounting Online in the School of Accountancy. Completed applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the Committee on Undergraduate Study in Accounting. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accounting programs at Auburn University are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the “gold standard” of business and accounting education.
Careers in Accounting
The online Bachelor of Science in Accounting equips students with the technical knowledge needed for a successful career in accounting.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors will grow by 13 percent from now and until the year 2022. The accounting profession is growing faster than other occupations and the future is bright for accounting students. Students who successfully pass the CPA Exam and hold a Master of Accounting degree will have an increase in job prospects.
Possible career paths include:
- Internal Auditor
- Tax Accountant
- Managerial Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Government Accountant
Reasons to Choose Auburn Accounting Online
- The Best Schools ranked the online Bachelor of Science in Accounting #2 in their Top 25 Best Online Bachelor in Accounting Degree Programs.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Accounting is ranked No. 11 in the Best Accounting Degree Programs by Affordable College Online.
- The Master of Accounting Class of 2014 averaged an 80 percent or better pass rate on all four sections of the CPA exam – far above the national average.
- Offered online since 2000, the programs offered by Auburn Accounting Online are accredited by The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International)
- The Harbert College of Business has smart classrooms where on campus classes are recorded and streamed online to distance students for live viewing or to be viewed later – thus distance students get the same material as on-campus students, with online discussion boards supplementing in class discussion and facilitating interaction among peers and professors but with the flexibility needed for a working professional.