Applications for the Master of Accountancy program are considered on a competitive
basis. Minimum GPA requirements are not advertised, because the Admissions Committee
uses a holistic approach when reviewing a candidate's application package. The Committee
considers the quality of the candidate's academic background, grade point averages,
GMAT scores, campus involvement, and work experience.
The School of Accountancy has full authority over the admissions and matriculation processes for all applicants to the program. Dual enrollment in an Auburn campus program and an Auburn online accounting program is not permitted.
Current and Former Graduate Certificate in Accountancy Students
If you are a current or former GCA students, please visit the GCA Matriculation to MAcc for instructions on applying to the MAcc.
- Submit your online Graduate School Application. To be eligible to apply, candidates must have either a USA or APO address in a
SARA authorized state. In addition, an applicant must have completed a four year undergraduate degree
from an accredited U.S. institution and the business and accounting foundation prerequisites. After selecting your planned course of study as "Accounting (Distance Prgm) Masters",
you will notice an "Accounting" link on the left side of the page below your Test
Scores link. You must click on "Accounting" and upload your resume and one-page statement
of purpose describing your reason for pursuing a Master of Accountancy degree from
- The GMAT exam is required. However, you may be eligible for a GMAT waiver if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited accounting program with a minimum 3.25 upper-level (3000 level or higher) accounting GPA.
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited business school with a minimum 3.50 upper-level (3000 level or higher) accounting GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Accounting Bridge or Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Graduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- JD, MD, PhD from a U.S. accredited institution.
- Advanced degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Successful completion of CPA exam.
- Significant executive level experience (five years plus).
Meeting one of the above criteria does not guarantee a waiver or admission to the Master of Accountancy program.
To request the GMAT waiver, please download and complete the GMAT Waiver Request Form.
The online Graduate Certificate in Accountancy (GCA) Program doesn't require a GMAT. Students successfully completing the GCA may matriculate to the online MAcc Program without the GMAT with only four courses remaining.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from current or former employers, clients if you are self-employed, or professors using the "Recommendations" tab on the left side of the online Graduate School Application. After clicking on the "Recommendations" tab, please click on the "Recommendation Provider List" and add three references. We recommend that you waive your right to examine the letter of recommendation; otherwise, your provider may refuse to complete the recommendation. Also, please indicate that your provider will be completing the recommendation form online.
- Submit an official transcript from every university attended directly from the institution to the address below. Transcripts mailed by the student are not considered official. Please do not submit official transcripts until you have submitted your online Graduate School Application.
Prospective students MUST send all application materials including transcripts to the following address:
Auburn Accounting Online Admissions
405 West Magnolia Avenue
355 Lowder Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849
Phone: (334) 844-6211