The online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is designed for working professionals and mirrors the full-time on-campus option. Students receive the same instruction, assignments and exams as their on-campus peers and ultimately the same AACSB International accredited degree, a Masters in Accounting. The Auburn Accounting Online courses provide students the additional technical skills, research and communication skills, and preparation to pass the Uniform CPA examination on their first attempt.
For more information about the CPA Exam and requirements for each state, please visit http://nasba.org/exams/cpaexam/.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Online Accounting Program
The online accounting courses combine traditional instruction with modern delivery methods to offer educational opportunities beyond Auburn's campus. Students may complete the degree in only two years (five semesters taking two classes per term) while working full-time. Students who aren't working and enroll either summer or fall semester may complete the program in one year (three semesters). Our online degree option is identical to the on-campus option regarding rigor, standards, and student accountability and follows the same academic calendar. The Harbert College of Business is known for the quality of its online programs, as well as for its innovative course delivery. For the third consecutive year, U.S. News and World Report has ranked the college among the top online programs nationally and the Master Of Accountancy Program - Online is ranked No. 5 by the Accounting Degree Review.
Requirements for Admission
To be eligible for the online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Program, candidates must have a USA or APO address and completed a four year undergraduate business degree from a U.S. accredited institution with the business and accounting foundation prerequisites listed on our Program Prerequisites page.
Both on-campus and distance learning students are required to participate in a three day on-campus residency during the final spring semester of the program beginning on the last Thursday of April and concluding on the following Saturday evening. During the residency, students will participate in the Auburn MAcc Leadership Summit which is comprised of social events, business seminars, and leadership workshops.
The Auburn MAcc Program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the “gold standard” of business and accounting education.
"I wanted to let you know that I loved the Auburn MAcc program. The distance program
gave me the flexibility to continue with my current employment and allow me to have
time with my family. I believe that Auburn is on the leading edge of what will be
the university experience for many more people in the future. I had never been to
Alabama until I attended the on campus residency last spring. It was a great experience
to be on campus and made me feel a real part of the school. Thank you for all of your
hard work and for allowing me to become part of the Auburn family. War Eagle!"
MAcc Class of 2013
Financial Planning Consultant
Careers in Accounting
The online Masters in Accounting through Auburn equips students with the technical knowledge needed for a successful career in accounting.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors will grow by 13 percent from now and until the year 2022. The accounting profession is growing faster than other occupations and the future is bright for accounting students. Students who successfully pass the CPA Exam and hold a Master of Accountancy degree will have an increase in job prospects.
Possible career paths include:
- Internal Auditor
- Tax Accountant
- Managerial Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Government Accountant
Reasons to Choose Auburn Accounting Online
- The online Master of Accounting is ranked No. 5 by the Accounting Degree Review.
- The Auburn University Harbert College of Business is ranked No. 6 for graduate online programs in the U.S. according to U.S. News and World Report's 2015 Best Online Business Program rankings.
- The Auburn Accounting Online Master of Accounting is ranked No. 4 by the Online Accounting Degrees Programs.
- The Master of Accounting Class of 2015 averaged an 80 percent or better pass rate on all four sections of the CPA exam – far above the national average.
- Offered online since 2000, the online Master of Accounting is accredited by The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International).
- The Harbert College of Business houses smart classrooms where campus classes are recorded and streamed online to distance students for live viewing or to be viewed later – thus distance students receive the same lectures as campus students, with online discussion boards supplementing in class discussion and facilitating interaction among peers and professors but with the flexibility needed for a working professional.