Admission to the online Master of Accounting program is limited to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Four-year regionally accredited (SACS, NCACS, NEACS, etc.) bachelor's degree from a U.S. institution
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a Green Card holder (Permanent Resident) and have either a USA or APO address
- Must meet the business and accounting foundation prerequisites outlined in the list below.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Applications for the online Master of Accounting program are considered on a competitive
basis. Minimum GPA and GMAT requirements are not advertised, because the Admissions
Committee uses a holistic approach when reviewing a candidate's application package.
The Committee considers the quality of the candidate's academic background, grade
point averages, letters of recommendation, GMAT score, and work experience.
The GMAT exam is required. However, you may be eligible for a GMAT waiver if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited accounting program with a minimum 3.0 upper-level (3000 level or higher) accounting GPA.
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited business school with a minimum 3.50 upper-level accounting GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Accounting Bridge or Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Graduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- JD, MD, PhD from a U.S. accredited institution.
- Advanced degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Successful completion of CPA exam.
- Significant executive level experience (five years plus).
Meeting one of the above criteria does not guarantee a waiver or admission to the
Master of Accountancy program.
To request a GMAT waiver, please complete the GMAT Waiver Request Form.
Applicants who do not meet ay of the above criteria must submit a GMAT score not older than five years. The online Graduate Certificate in Accountancy (GCA) Program doesn't require a GMAT. Students successfully completing the GCA may matriculate to the online MAcc Program without the GMAT with only four courses remaining.
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Business Law
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Income Tax I
The full list of prerequisites may be found on the MAcc Program Prerequisite Checklist.
Candidates who have not completed the business foundation prerequisites are not eligible to apply.
Candidates who are lacking the accounting foundation prerequisites have three online options for pursuing the prerequisites:
- Accounting Bridge Program (21 semester hours) for candidates with non-AACSB accredited business degrees, or
- Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting (24 semester hours) for candidates with non-AACSB accredited business degrees, or
- Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting (30 semester hours) for candidates with AACSB accredited business degrees.
If you have questions, please contact Andee Hodo, Assistant Director of Accounting Graduate and Online Programs at (334) 844-6207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.