- Application and Admission
- Financial Aid
All applications for the MBA are submitted to Auburn University Graduate School. Visit www.graduate.auburn.edu for application information and to apply online. You will be required to create an account user name and password so you can access future information regarding your application and the admission decision.
405 West Magnolia Ave., Suite 503
Auburn University, AL 36849
Deadline for fall semesters for Full-Time and Online MBA programs is February 1.
Deadline for spring semesters for the Online MBA program is September 1. The Full-Time MBA program does not offer spring class inception.
Applications will be considered after deadline on a case by case basis.
Campus program enrolls between 40- 50 students each fall semester.
Online program enrolls between 40- 50 student each fall and spring semester.
No prerequisites are required for the MBA program, but we do require all newly admitted students to complete academic leveling work before their first semester. This pre-work will prepare every student, regardless of undergraduate degree, to meet MBA expectations.
Confirm receipt of application materials by contacting MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or email@example.com.
Transfer Credit and the Auburn MBA
As a top ranked program, Auburn MBA Programs is very proud and excited about the courses and curriculum we offer. We hope that you have chosen to pursue an MBA with Auburn for our fantastic faculty, courses, and the Auburn experience. We want all students in the MBA Program to have a full Auburn experience that includes a complete Auburn MBA. Because of this, we allow students to transfer in up to six credit hours (or two classes) that will be applied towards elective credit. We do not accept transfer credit for core classes.
Transfer Credit Policy
The Online MBA program accepts transfer credit under the following conditions. All conditions must be met to be considered for transfer. If the courses meet the below requirements, you may submit them for review using the instructions below.
- All courses must be from an AACSB accredited institution
- All courses must be graduate level
- All courses must be from a College of Business or Business School
- All courses must have a B letter grade (80/100) or higher
- All courses must be submitted with a copy of the syllabus
- All courses must be independent and not used towards a previously earned degree
Transfer Credit Review Process
- Send official transcript to Auburn University Graduate School
- Email the following information to Jennifer Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name and application term
- Name and location of the institution
- Syllabi attached to the email for each course
- Unofficial transcript (if the official has not been submitted) from the institution*
Decisions on transfer credit will be sent via email. Transfer credit review can take a varying amount of time depending on follow-up questions, arrival of required items listed above, and the approval committee.
* Transfer credit can be evaluated with an unofficial transcript, but will not be approved or applied to the Auburn record until an official transcript has been received and evaluated.
Contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or email@example.com.
Do I have to take a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam if I am an international applicant?
The Auburn Graduate School requires minimum English proficiency scores for international students.
Applicants may qualify for an exemption depending on official government language and medium of instruction. An Australian applicant, for example, may not be required to submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score. However, a resident of Quebec, Canada, would.
Exemptions are handled on a case-by-case basis, but we generally process the exemption for an international student who received an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
Below is the Graduate Tuition and Fees Schedule for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. Schedule shows full-time graduate tuition (9 hours) on a per semester basis. Click here for additional information. You may also visit the Auburn Student Financial Services for additional resources.
Description Resident Non-Resident Tuition $4,536 $13,608 Student Services Fee $812 $812 Total Tuition and Fees $5,348 $14,420
Graduate students enrolled over 9 hours are not charged an extra hours fee.
Graduate students enrolled less than 9 hours are charged according to the Per Hour Chart.
Graduate distance courses follow a different tuition structure, please visit AU Online for specific information.
Harbert College of Business charges a Professional Fee of $200 per credit hour for graduate students.
You may also contact MBA Program Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
All MBA students are eligible for financial aid. Please contact Auburn Student Financial Services for more information at (334) 844-4634.
A competitive number of graduate assistantship (GA) positions are also available to campus students to offset expenses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Office Suite including Outlook®, Excel®, Word® and PowerPoint®
- Flexibility with office working conditions and location
- Working hours will be a minimum of 14 hours per week
- Ability to lift 25 pounds (where applicable)
- Be available to travel on occasion – will not be primary role of the position
- Tuition waiver for each semester you are enrolled in the program – fees are still applied and average approximately $3,500 per semester
- Stipend of $804 per month paid for work completed in the program
- Access to work alongside Harbert College of Business faculty and staff
- Maintain 3.0 Auburn MBA grade point average
- Positive feedback from supervisor
Contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or email@example.com for additional information.
Harbert College of Business MBA programs attracts a large number of veterans, and we are experienced with Veterans Educational Assistance Program benefits.
Please contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught with specific questions at (334) 844-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Full-Time MBA program is a cohort based program that takes 17 months to complete.
The Online MBA program will vary in duration, depending on the student, but usually takes about 2.5 years to complete.
Concentrations are achieved when a student has completed three or more electives in one subject. Concentrations are not noted on the diploma or transcript and are not a program requirement.
- Full-Time MBA
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Systems
- Human Resources Management
- Online MBA
- Information Systems
- Full-Time MBA
There are options to complete another master’s degree while working toward an MBA. The following programs are approved and have their own plan of study:
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Master of Science in Finance
Students considering a dual degree must apply through the Graduate School.
The Online MBA program mirrors that of the Full-Time MBA. We film the campus courses and then stream them online to our students across the world. Students in the Online MBA program take the same courses and have the same professors, assignments and exams. View our online course curriculum.
Online MBA students are only required to come to campus once at the end of the capstone course (BUSI 7316).
Online MBA students are invited to, but not required to attend, New MBA Student Orientation that takes place the week prior to the start of classes.
View the Auburn University academic calendar for class start and other key event dates.
Students in the online program can take as many hours each semester as they feel comfortable. But since the program is lock-step, the courses must be taken in a specific order no matter the course load. The MBA must be completed within six years of admission.
Harbert College of Business offers three additional Graduate Executive MBA programs.
- Executive MBA combines distance learning and campus residencies for a flexible delivery model that accommodates working professionals desiring an MBA. Eight years of professional work experience is required in lieu of GMAT testing.
- Physicians Executive MBA is tailored to the needs of physicians interested in a fully-accredited MBA degree. This cohort program accommodates the demands of busy practicing physicians with a flexible delivery model that combines streamed online courses and minimum residency requirements.
- Master of Real Estate Development is a cohort program administered jointly by the Harbert College of Business and College of Architecture, Design and Construction and equips professionals with the skills necessary to master the key aspects of real estate development.
| Julie Vaught