All Supply Chain majors at AU are required to participate in a 10 week to 6 month long internship. There are numerous opportunities — but each student must seek out, apply, and obtain an internship on their own.
The Harbert College offers students a lot of help. After establishing your major in SCMN, follow these steps:
- Download and read the SCMN 3920 Internship Packet
- Go to the Office of Professional & Career Development (OPCD) in Lowder Hall room 103.
- Learn about careers in Supply Chain Management.
- Write a professional resume. (examples and tips)
- Set up a Handshake account, and post your resume.
- Join ASCMA (Auburn Supply Chain Management Association). This student-led professional development group creates opportunities for students to meet and learn from industry leaders. The ASCMA meets monthly during each term. ASCMA provides speakers, tours, site visits, employer panels, and leadership opportunities to its members. ASCMA invites employers, industry leaders, and HR representatives to share knowledge and information with members to enhance their understanding of the SCM profession. For an application, go to: https://harbert.auburn.edu/groups/ascma/membership.html
- Attend the next SCMN Career Fair which is typically in Sept. & Feb. Check the calendar for event details!
- Make an appointment with Marcia Gibson, Coordinator of Professional Experience & Internships in Supply Chain, Lowder 114. Contact her at Marcia.Gibson@auburn.edu. Mrs. Gibson coordinates the internship program and teaches the SCMN 3810 class - which is required for all SCMN majors prior to internship.