2018 All Star Internship Program - Atlanta
Careers at RaceTrac
Invaluable experience. Endless opportunities.
Forget the same old summer internships where you’re killing time and answering phones. At RaceTrac, we offer 11-week paid summer internships at our Atlanta-based home office (Store Support Center). As an intern at RaceTrac, you won’t stand on the sidelines; you’ll do work that matters, and you’ll have fun doing it.
Finance Intern - FP&A-RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.
The FP&A function acts as the analytical engine of the organization, providing insight and supporting optimal business decision making. The Finance Intern – FP&A is responsible for providing decision support through financial and situational analysis. This individual will support the FP&A Department in its goal of leading the Company’s financial planning/forecasting, financial reporting, and strategic financial analysis. Examples of this support include: preparing financial analysis (new business opportunities, major strategic initiatives, etc.), executive financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer comparisons, and company financial projections and forecasts. In addition to FP&A support, the Finance Intern - FP&A contributes to a specific Intern Group Project to gain company-wide perspective an develop a solution to enhance the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes short-term store training designed to gain experience and perspective in retail store operations.
Departmental Duties (approximately 70% time dedication)
- Develops financial models and analyses to support RaceTrac’s most critical strategic initiatives and investments.
- Supports the Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth financial analysis.
- Executes ad hoc financial analyses in response to business requests. Works with internal customers to refine and improve current reporting and analysis.
- Supports the annual corporate budget process by working with various groups to accurately prepare a plan, set goals, benchmark, discuss variances to the plan, and re-forecast.
- Reports annual budgets, operating plans, and forecasts to senior management.
- Assists with the creation and reporting timeframes for strategic metrics.
- Effectively presents analytical findings and leads discussions with managers and executives.
- Serves as a business-partner with various functional areas to drive additional profitability through analysis and forecasting.
Special Projects Intern Group Project (approximately 30% time dedication)
- Collaborates with other intern group team members to create and develop a business plan for a specific company-wide initiative determined by senior leaders.
- Utilizes internal resources and project sponsors to obtain strategic insight and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Prepares a business presentation to showcase to senior management at the conclusion of the internship.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university; a degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Advanced experience using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience performing business analysis or financial/statistical data in a retail environment preferred
- GPA 3.0 or higher preferred
- Previous internship experience preferred
To apply visit the website at Finance Intern