Finance Intern - Americold Logistics
Atlanta - Apps Due 3/31
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 170+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Americold Summer Internship is a 12-week, full-time, paid assignment that takes place over the summer months. During this time, our Interns gain valuable knowledge related to their area of interest (i.e. Operations, Distribution, Finance, Internal Audit, etc.), while contributing to one of the COOLest business sectors. The internship includes assignments on challenging and industry-specific projects, plus the opportunity to network with organizational leaders, colleagues, and peers.
As an Americold Intern, the experience you will gain here will not only be essential to your professional growth and development, but your talents will make a vital difference for our company, too.
• Assisting with research, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records
• Input, analyze and generate information using general ledger software
• Assist with compilation and delivery of internal and external audit requests
• Prepare and/or evaluate information supporting internal controls over financial reporting
• Be an active member of special or ad hoc projects including accounting due diligence and integration of acquired businesses
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile, analyze and track data in support of a timely close and financial reporting process
• Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties
• Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
• Other duties and ad-hoc analysis as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Americold is seeking both undergraduate and graduate students for our COOL internship programs. To aid us in our selection process, we have established the following minimum eligibility requirements.
• Be 18 years of age
• Be a United States citizen as of the application date
• Currently enrolled at a U.S. accredited college/university as a senior undergraduate or recently-graduated student, or in final year of graduate studies
• Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale as of the Spring semester
• Be highly motivates and resourceful
• Be able to work a minimum of 12 weeks
Apply via Handshake at