Broker Assistant - Birmingham
DEC GRADS WANTED!
CRC is a P&C insurance wholesale brokerage firm based out of Birmingham where we were founded in 1983 and grown into the 2nd largest wholesale insurance firm in the country.
A student with brief experience in P&C insurance or any of the financial sector that possesses a drive to learn a business with a tremendous upside would be a perfect candidate.
General Summary: Acts as a partner to Broker & Broker Team members providing support regarding all policies & key accounts. Provides high quality service to retail agency customers & underwriter trading partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all account documentation
- New submission log into system origination of file for broker to work immediately
- Analyze policies, endorsements, audits, reporting forms and cancellations
- Initiate necessary corrections and ensure accuracy of dates, coverage, signature, commission, premium, attachments, etc.
- Facilitate the flow of information from agents and underwriters after accounts are bound
- Interact regularly with retail clients and underwriters regarding policies, recommending additional coverages as needed or requested and respond to queries and concerns ensuring prompt resolution with guidance from other brokerage team members as needed
- Accurately explain coverage and liabilities to retail agent customers by knowing where to find answers on silverplume system or textbooks, etc.
- Maintain suspense system and follow up for receipt of policies, endorsements, inspection reports, correspondence, claims, etc. from outside sources
- Process binders, invoices, and tax filings forwarding the binder and invoice to the retail broker customer
- Monitor accounting (payment, collections, taxes, etc.) anticipating and preventing problems when possible
- Initiate cancellation and non-renewal notices according to statutory and contractual requirements.
- Develop a professional rapport with clients and underwriters to enhance new and ongoing business relationships
- Assist Account Executives and Broker on team with duties as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry and sales ideas through continuing education to maintain license
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- After proper amount of training including time with Account Executive & Broker team members the ability to make independent decisions following CRC guidelines with minimal or no supervision
- Show organizational and time management skills
- Take initiative and be detail oriented
- Extensive knowledge of insurance and CRC processes
- Maintain a high level of promptness, tact, & professionalism
- Strong verbal and written (email) communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and office skills regarding basic math, Microsoft excel & business writing
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree with a concentration in business or equivalent work experience required
- State specific insurance license required within 60 days
- Work experience in or similar industry to property/casualty insurance
Please send resumes to Mason Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org