The Supervisor Trainee for Operations will be responsible for learning the basic functions of multiple departments across the distribution center. The process for facilitating this will be a rotational schedule in which the Trainee will move from one area to another in a structured manner. The Trainee will work with Supervisors and Managers in the areas they are assigned to in order to understand the basics of the department.
At the completion of the rotational schedule, the Trainee will have a high level understanding of the flow of product through the facility from Inbound, through the processing engines, to Outbound and the activities necessary to optimize that flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT (50 %)
Partner with Manager to:
• maintain minimum performance standards while performing required job functions
• direct proper utilization of people, equipment, technology and facility for distribution operations in assigned area
• understand and achieve all functional area performance metrics (service, cost, quality and accuracy) for all channels of business.
• know and achieve productivity targets while maintaining high levels of safety, quality, accuracy, service and morale.
• manage the daily workload/workflow for your specific functional area and shift and make sound business adjustments to ensure your functional area is operating at most efficient model.
• develop, implement and enforce SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and daily work guidelines and processes that optimize resource utilization (people, equipment, technology).
• ensure the day-to-day operations of your functional area run smoothly and efficiently (meeting/exceeding all performance metrics while displaying top leadership behaviors).
• understand and manage all production levers that impact your functional area productivity rates while maintaining high levels of service, quality and morale.
• provide timely feedback to associates.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT (40%)
Partner with Manager to:
• ensure your team is achieving/exceeding daily production plans through training, coaching and leadership.
• promote teamwork within your functional area.
• develop goals and objectives that align with shift/facility/corporate goals and objectives.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (10%)
• Utilize continuous improvement methodology to increase, quality, accuracy service and safety while increasing productivity.
• Conduct monthly safety walks and complete safety inspections.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM COMPENTENCIES REQUIRED FOR JOB PERFORMANCE:
• Willingness to learn new concepts and apply them
• Solid working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
• Organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts.
• Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining focus on priorities.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BS/BA degree in a related field, preferred.
• 0-1 years previous experience
• Strong analytical and leadership skills required.
Apply via Handshake
January Start Date: https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1866553