Summer Intern - Birmingham
Job Summary: The Cobbs Allen Summer Internship program provides rising college juniors and seniors with practical, hands-on experience within the insurance industry. Our curriculum is designed to expose interns to the various career tracks within an insurance brokerage while also providing opportunities for professional and social development. Interns will follow a structured rotation through our divisions while shadowing risk consultants and account service team members and completing various client projects.
- Orientation: The first week provides interns with an overview of the summer program, introduction to Cobbs Allen team members, company orientation and professional development workshops.
- Employee Benefits: Our Employee Benefits division helps our clients create competitive benefits programs that are both affordable for the employer and valued by the employees.
- Personal Lines: Cobbs Allen provides personal risk management solutions to both individuals and families. We represent the best insurance carriers in the industry and customize insurance programs based on our clients’ personal needs and risk exposure.
- Property & Casualty: Our Property & Causality division helps our clients evaluate their insurance and risk management needs, lower costs, and create a more risk intelligent culture at their organizations.
- Intern’s Choice & Final Presentations: Each intern is given the opportunity to shadow in the department of their choice during the final weeks of the internship. This is also dedicated time to prepare and practice the final presentations of the summer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe sales calls and shadow Risk Consultants on client visits
- Obtain information, complete applications, write specifications for programs and build/review strategic models under the supervision of the Consultant
- Analyze policies and review renewal submissions during the marketing process
- Assist in development, design, and consultation of employee benefit goals and programs under the supervision of Client Executive
- Provide data entry support by compiling, consolidating and analyzing data
- Conduct research, collect data
Apply via Handshake at