Position Summary: The Credit Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing loan requests and preparing loan presentations for the bank’s Management and Loan Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assuring customer service is top priority whether internally or externally; treating customers and employees professionally, with courtesy and respect
- Gather financial information in preparation of new & renewed credits
- Analyze loan applicant’s business plan, financial statements and related documents to identify and assess financial risk and other factors relating to the proposed loan.
- Evaluate creditworthiness of potential borrower and assists in assigning a risk rating to the credit
- Prepare detailed written loan presentations and credit risk assessments to include borrowers’ financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Participate in loan presentations and/or present loans for approval.
- Review appraisals and environmental reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform file reviews and update new and existing loan files for the bank on a regular basis as it relates to annual risk rating reviews.
- Accompany lenders in customer and prospective business site visits and telephone calls to gain insight into customer business operations and for ongoing monitoring purposes.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements, loan policy, and compliance training applicable to the position
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and under high degrees of stress
- Able to prioritize duties and effectively manage time
- Detail oriented and organized
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Send cover letter and resume to Boles Pegues at BPegues@river.bank