Junior Field Examiner
Full-Time & Internship Opportunities
Nashville/Baton Rouge/Boynton Beach/Troy, MI
Initial Training: During the first six to twelve months the JFE will be trained/coached both in house and in the field. While in the field the JFE will be paired with a senior examiner to assist in the JFE’s training and development. After the training period is completed, the JFE will have the skills necessary to perform field exams at the client’s location on his/her own.
While at the client’s location, the JFE will physically review the books and records to verify the Bank’s collateral position and confirm accuracy of the financial information and reporting. The employee will then compile and analyze the information gathered and provide a written report of the records reviewed along with any suggestions, recommendations or criticisms that may be appropriate. All duties performed will be done in a professional manner and will follow the guidelines outlined in the Bank Policy Manuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verify the existence and analyze the performance of client’s collateral
• Verify the accuracy of the client’s books and records
• Verify the accuracy and analyze the clients reporting to the Bank and if requested reconcile to the Bank’s records
• Verify facility is managed in adherence to approved client narrative
• Spread and analyze client’s financial statements to assess financial performance and cash flow
• Communicate regularly with the Credit Department before, during, and after the field exam
• Prepare a clear and concise written report summarizing your results and recommendations
• The majority of JFE exams performed will consist of re-occurring exams but may include assisting senior examiners on potential clients or current clients in a work-out scenario
• Schedule audits with clients
• Track time spent at the client’s location to ensure proper billing to the client
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelors degree is required (must have completed Principles of Accounting I and II). A concentration in Accounting and/or Finance is preferred.
• Knowledge of secured lending with a focus on both Asset Based Lending and Factoring is preferable.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter needing little supervision.
• Must be willing to travel.
If interested in meeting with Crestmark Bank the week of 9/24, please email Mandy Harrelson at firstname.lastname@example.org!