Throughout Alabama, Economic Development professionals strive to increase the standard of living for the citizens of our State. This is achieved largely through the creation and preservation of jobs.
The Alabama Economic Development Internship 2017 Summer Program is seeking four (4) motivated, detail-oriented individuals to work with one of the four (4) following economic development organizations in Alabama:
•Department of Commerce - Montgomery, AL
•Economic Development Partnership of Alabama - Birmingham, AL
•Alabama Power Company - Birmingham, AL
•PowerSouth Energy Cooperative - Montgomery, AL
Qualified individuals should possess a strong desire to learn about the economic development profession and an eagerness to offer thoughtful suggestions and critical analysis. The paid internship will span approximately 10 weeks. The interns will be exposed to a variety of aspects of economic development, including work at state, regional, local, and private ED organizations. Limited travel within the state will be involved.
The ideal candidate is proactive and committed to work in a multi-disciplined field. She or he should possess the ability to balance various assignments and meet deadlines.
Additional qualifications include:
• Excellent computer skills utilizing the MS Office Suite, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams, and tables (GIS skills a plus.)
• Positive attitude
• Independence tempered by the ability to follow direction and abide by a work plan
• Ability to interact professionally with staff and associates (or Interpersonal communication skills)
• Strong research and writing skills, with organizational skills evidencing attention to detail
• Must be classified as a college junior or above as of January 2, 2018
Interns will receive $10/hour and will work 40 hours per week for 10 weeks
Applications due 3/15 and please apply at