This is a developmental civilian GS05 / 07 / 09 / 11 position (target grade GS11), performing assignments intended to broaden skills and provide practical experience leading to progressively more complex assignments performed under progressively less supervision. You will ultimately acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. This position is located at the United States Army Garrison (USAG), Fort Benning, Ga. The USAG Fort Benning is located 100 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia, and is adjacent to Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
-Develops and formulates data and prepares the annual budget plan.
-Reviews cost records and furnishes historical cost data to program officials.
-Monitors the rate of expenditures of budgeted funds through contacts with program officials, review of written documents, and examination of accounting records.
-Distributes approved annual cost ceilings for all programs and monitors annual obligation data by account.
-Prepares salary projections.
-Establishes and monitors internal controls to prevent over-obligation of cost ceilings.
-Evaluates trends in usage of supplies, services, equipment and employment to determine need for changes in funding levels.
-Responsible for preparation and publication of biweekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and special budgetary reports or analysis as requested by local management
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for Financial Management in accordance with Public Law 114-328, Section 1110.
This is a civilian position with the Department of the Army.
How to Apply:
1. Resumes must be received by 11:55Pm, Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date.
2. E-mail complete resumes to: email@example.com
a. Federal regulations do not allow us to accept resumes in Handshake, please insure you email resumes to above email address.
b. The mailbox will send you an autoreply to ensure receipt.
3. Please include detailed information about your experience in your resume.
4. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas: Budget Execution, Budget Formulation, Justification, and Presentation, Financial Management Analysis and Competency of spreadsheets and business software applications.
5. Relevant Degrees: Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Information Systems Management, Management, Actuarial Mathematics, etc.
6. Highly recommend you build your resume in the format provided at https://www.usajobs.gov You will need to establish and account with USAJOBS to use the resume builder, but you will NOT be applying within USAJOBS.
7. Do not send resumes with photos or PII (Personally Identifiable Information) as this will result in not receiving consideration.
8. You must submit your unofficial transcripts with your resume for this employment opportunity. If selected, official transcripts are REQUIRED to be submitted.
9. Applicants entering at the GS05 and GS07 level may be required to take an Administrative Career with America (ACWA) assessment. If applicable, you will be notified.