Financial Analyst - Chicago, IL
Want to use your finance and analytical skills to help local businesses around the world thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Global Finance is a conglomeration of number-savvy professionals who encompass multiple teams, ensuring everything from our month-end close processes to our P&L ownership and SG&A are on point. As part of the Finance team, our Financial Analysts play a meaningful role in the global forecasting and planning process. You will produce timely, accurate reporting and customized financial analysis to help support management decisions. Your work will directly impact the success of teams within Groupon, ensuring that they have financial strength to build our mission.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will assist in the preparation and consolidation of the FP&A cycle including budgeting & forecasting, variance reviews, etc.
- You will analyze financial data and create financial models in order to make recommendations for improvements
- Understand country and category business drivers and monitor their performance and goals
- Work closely with regional finance, and other members of the global finance organization
- Construct financial models to evaluate pro-forma scenario planning
- Conduct thorough research of historical financial data
- Prepare cost projections
- Enhance existing reporting and tooling capabilities in financial systems
- Perform ad hoc deep dives on a range of business issues
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance
- If you have completed a finance focused internship
- You'd consider yourself to be a budding authority in Microsoft Excel
- You're super analytical and love getting in the details
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- Experience operating across geographies, timezones, and cultures is a plus
- You’re involved with extracurriculars that show your passion for pursuing a career in Accounting or Finance
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
To apply, visit