Summer Intern - Huntington Ingalls Industries - Washington DC
Newport News Shipbuilding (Washington DC location) offers an internship which will
allow a student to gain experience in Business or Political Science and provide the
opportunity to possibly gain future full time employment.
The recruitment and selection is based on bona fide business-related requirements.
**All applicants must ensure the information below has been provided when applying for the summer internship program. Applicants may be disqualified if all information requested has not been provided
• School Name
• Degree Program & Major
• Anticipated Graduation Date
• Current Academic Level (such as Junior, Senior, Grad School)
• Overall GPA - 4.0 scale
1. Be at least 18 years of age before the start of the summer intern program (Mid-May)
2. Be enrolled in a degreed program that supports the company’s business requirements. Typically in the following areas:
• Political Science
3. Currently attending a 4 year college or university
4. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Official transcripts will be required)
5. Attend a college/university (undergraduate or graduate program) in the fall following the internship
6. Successfully complete a criminal background investigation, physical and a hair follicle drug screen
7. Work a 40-hour work week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer.
**An adequate email address is required when applying, receiving communication, and obtaining employment offers.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
To Apply, visit