2020 Internships (Multiple) - NYC & Other Locations
Apps Due 9/15!!!
3.2 GPA Required
Our nine-week program kicks off in New York, where you'll be introduced to the firm, gain knowledge and insight into the business strategies and products you'll be implementing as part of our teams. You will also get to work alongside our top-tier professionals, shaping the decision-making and developing models that manage our financial reputation and regulatory performance.
Asset & Wealth Management Risk Analyst
- Counterparty Risk: Risk arising from a debtor's failure to meet terms of a contract. You'll assess those we do business with and make recommendations about their ability to repay debt obligations.
- Credit Risk: Risk to earnings or capital arising from an obligor's failure to meet the terms of contracts with the lender or otherwise to perform as agreed
- Fiduciary Risk: Risk related to fiduciary, legal, regulatory and contractual standards and requirements, and the appropriate management of conflicts of interest.
- Investment Risk: Risk of an investment return differing from the return expected — this includes market risk, interest risk, issuer risk, leverage risk and liquidity risk.
Wealth Management Analyst
Asset Management Clients
- Assisting with client sales and retention while gaining broad exposure to asset classes and investment professionals throughout the firm
- Working with financial advisors and investment consultants to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis, conduct market research and assist in strategic planning to help clients meet their investment objectives
- Developing relationships with clients including top pension plans, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, central banks and other institutional investors
- Learning about asset allocation strategies and identifying investment capabilities across traditional and alternative strategies to meet our clients' investment objectives.
- Funds Management: Responsible for the distribution of J.P. Morgan's investment capabilities to broker-dealers, insurance companies, asset managers, banks and registered investment advisors. These investment capabilities include U.S. and non-U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts and alternative investments.
- Institutional Sales: Caters to the largest, most sophisticated relationships in the industry, including top pension plans around the globe, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, central banks and other institutional investors.
- Marketing: Collaborate with our professionals to construct and implement marketing tactics, create and deliver content, research and analyze products, and execute business development strategies.
- New York City
- San Francisco
Asses Management Products
You'll collaborate with industry experts to develop investment solutions for our corporate, government, not-for-profit and individual clients worldwide. You'll work with client portfolio managers, traders, research analysts, marketers and client advisors to analyze and execute investments strategies. Help build our clients' futures while developing your own expertise in a dynamic team environment.
- Beta Strategies: We build specialized index products and portfolio capabilities across asset classes, including our electronic-traded funds business.
- Equities: We manage a broad range of equity investment strategies globally with dedicated portfolio managers, research analysts and traders who have expertise in helping clients of all sizes.
- Fixed Income: We offer an array of debt solutions, including investment grade, high yield and emerging market debt.
- Hedge Funds: We manage hedge fund portfolios for institutional and high net worth individuals, offering a broad range of products and capabilities to help investors reach their objectives.
- Liquidity: We help clients invest within a range of currencies, risk levels and durations, including taxable and tax-free money market funds, short-term fixed income funds and separately managed accounts.
- Multi-Asset Solutions: We utilize capital markets investing, strategic asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk management to develop portfolio solutions for our clients.
- Private Equity: We build and maintain the private equity portfolios for our clients.
- Real Assets: We come up with innovative ways to invest in real estate.
- New York City
Corporate & Investment Bank Risk Management Summer Analyst Program
- The Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate (CTC) Risk Team is an independent risk function managing firmwide Interest Rate and Liquidity Risk. CTC Risk also oversees the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office (CIO), Treasury and Corporate (CTC) businesses, and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the Treasury & CIO. The team’s responsibilities are varied across risk stripes, and include participating in risk analysis, providing independent oversight, developing key risk analytics presentations, among other activities.
- The Credit Risk Team works in partnership with areas of the Corporate and Investment Bank and is responsible for assessing client credit strength and approving and managing the firm's retained credit risk. This risk can relate to underwriting, lending and trading activities, including investment and non-investment grade syndicated loans, acquisition finance, derivatives, foreign exchange and other products.
Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives.
- Controller – Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory and product valuation.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of budgeting and forecasting.
- Project Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and work streams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.