Internship - John's Creek, GA - Apps Due Jan 31st!
J. Smith Lanier & Co., a Marsh & McLennan Agency (JSL/MMA) LLC company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. JSL/MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, JSL/MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
The JSL/MMA internship program is a paid position that works through a structured program. Interns have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the employee benefits, risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
- JSL/MMA SE Region’s divisions and services including employee benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
- Essentials of the sales and delivery process from researching and prospecting new business to proposal development and submission to the carrier markets.
- Account management responsibilities within an insurance brokerage.
- Qualities of a consultative brokerage including establishing rapport, uncovering customer needs, creating customized solutions, overcoming objectives, obtaining referrals and managing leads.
- JSL/MMA SE Region operations processes.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Current rising seniors are preferred and must be majoring or interested in risk management, insurance, finance, economics, management and/or business administration.
- JSL/MMA SE Region looks for strong team players who display resourcefulness to find solutions for our clients and our agency.
- Students selected for this program must have a personal commitment to develop insurance knowledge and risk management skills.
- Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working.
- Some travel may be required.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit a 150-200 word paragraph answering the question:
“Why should we consider you for an internship at J. Smith Lanier & Co.?”
Deadline for submissions is January 31, 2019.
Elaine Hunt, Director of Recruitment