Mortgage Banking – Internship
Position: Mortgage Coordinator
Location: Various Locations in Alabama: Auburn, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile, Tuscaloosa & Birmingham.
Term Commitment: 7 Weeks: Starting Wednesday, June 1st, 2017 – Ending Friday, July 31st
Student Profile: Junior or senior students pursuing a degree in Business. MBA students are also encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is required.
Apply via Handshake at https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/jobs/648871
and email MBAAInternship@gmail.com
Email Mandy Harrelson at email@example.com to get the application
Description & Overview:
This internship is an entry level role allowing students to gain experience and knowledge in the mortgage banking industry. A part of this internship is the successful completion of a six-lesson education and certification program, Mortgage Banking Bound, by the National Mortgage Bankers Association. The position provides an opportunity to work directly with mortgage bankers, mortgage vendors and management. The focus and responsibilities could span from assisting with keying loan entries to analyzing automated underwriting findings. The intern could participate in all stages of a loan workflow ranging from origination to loan sale in the secondary market to mortgage servicing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assisting in keying in loan entry and credit pulls
• Creating customer shared drives
• Requesting some third party documents (appraisal, title, hazard insurance, flood, etc.) and working closely with processors to obtains items
• Assisting loan originators with marketing ideas and ways to expand business
• Perform business development functions as needed
• Creating materials and correspondence as needed (excel, outlook, word, power point)
Requirements and Qualifications:
• 3.0 GPA or better
• An interest in pursuing a career in banking, mortgage banking or any of the departments within mortgage banking including post closing, secondary marketing, processing, origination, etc.
• Microsoft Office Efficiency
• Ability to learn loan operation systems and other necessary applications quickly
• Ability to communicate professionally with fellow employees
• The internship is paid and will vary depending on the sponsoring mortgage bank and the candidate
• The internship will last 7 weeks which includes a full week off for July 4th (Monday, July 3rd- Friday, July 7th)
• Working hours could range from 25-40 Hours/week
• Must complete all 6 Instructor-Led Mortgage Banking Bound courses. If successfully completed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion issued by the National Mortgage Banker’s Association
• The intern is expected to have sufficient transportation to/from the office and instructor led courses that may be off-site