The Staff Auditor performs audit related work to ensure organizational units effectively
and efficiently perform planning, accounting, custodial, and control activities in
compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures,
and in a manner consistent with both Company objectives and high standards of administrative
Additional abilities and responsibilities include:
• Create efficient and realistic individual work plans, which provide a reasonable means for meeting the objectives of assigned work.
• Develop and maintain a baseline understanding of the relationship between specific assignments with that of other team members.
• Manage competing priorities pertaining to assigned work and proactively coordinate with other audit team members to resolve priority conflicts.
• Effectively adjust priorities and directions in completing work based on discussions with team and project leaders.
• Communicate progress of and difficulties encountered on projects to team and project leaders during stand up meetings.
• Complete assigned work timely and in accordance with established standards and budgets to achieve quality results.
Team and Individual Accountability
• Make decisions on issues within appropriate authority.
• Pursue audit work with enthusiasm and a drive to meet or exceed expectations.
• Coordinate the work of the team by appropriately managing responsibility, sharing credit, demonstrating initiative and being committed to Internal Audit team goals.
• Demonstrate commitment to client satisfaction and the services of Internal Audit.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement within each audit or project.
• Promptly present suggestions or concerns to the audit team lead and propose recommendations to establish an effective control structure.
• Schedule and prepare for client meetings
• Strong verbal and with written communication skills.
Business and Organizational Knowledge
• Take initiative to develop business and organizational knowledge during each audit or project.
• Develop an adequate understanding of relevant business unit/function principles and standards to assess how these factors would impact audit work.
• Build an awareness of industry issues and trends to apply this understanding to audit decisions.
• Build knowledge of the Insurance industry.
• Obtain and analyze data as a basis to develop an objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of activities being reviewed.
• Analyze and recognize issues that should be communicated to audit team lead.
• Survey functions and activities to determine the nature of operations and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
• Contribute to staff-related activities (e.g. recruitment, participation in community activities and industry sponsored events).
• Continuously build own strengths/weaknesses and take appropriate actions/steps.
• Exhibit openness and professionalism in receiving feedback from supervisors and customers.
• Demonstrate basic understanding of Internal Audit systems applications and tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Products, Tableau, ACL, and Archer).
• Coordinate with IT team members pertaining to technology based risks present in audited area.
• Make effective use of available technology and software in streamlining audit projects and enhancing the quality of outputs.
Apply via Handshake at