Risk Management & Insurance Internship
The Risk Management & Insurance Department is large and diverse, with nearly 30 employees specializing in risk management, insurance, occupational safety and health, fire safety and environmental safety. This internship will benefit anyone seeking diverse experiences and a better understanding of a how a comprehensive risk management program is administered.
Depending on the start/end dates, the intern will have opportunities to :
- Participate in insurance renewal meetings with our insurance broker – excellent networking opportunity
- Initiate requests for information from departments to complete renewal applications
- Assist in managing Campus Event Management System
- Participate in media and marketing campaigns for the various units in our department including Student Renter’s Insurance Program, Alabama Water Watch and others
- Shadow safety professionals during inspections, loss control visits, and training
- Certificate management, including an audit of Certificates received by our Facilities Management department
- Assist with claims adjusting and administration
- Prepare data for review and analysis, run reports, etc.
- Update our RMIS (Risk Management Information System) with various information including new employees, drivers, fleet, assets, policies, claims, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Assist with administration of our Minors on Campus policy
- Help manage the ordering and review of driving history reports for regular drivers
- Other tasks and/or projects as assigned
If interested, email your resume and unofficial transcript to Patrick White (email@example.com).
GPA of 2.7+ Required
Interviews will start end of January