Junior M&A Analyst - Birmingham
We are looking for highly qualified individuals who are interested in pursuing a long-term career on an aggressive growth Mergers & Acquisitions team. In the past 12 months, this team has evaluated over 200 targets and closed 30 deals. You will play an integral role on our greater Business Development team, providing quantitative and analytical support for buy-side transactions. SVP M&A Analysts have the opportunity to work closely with high-level executives across the organization during all stages of the transaction, so they develop both the execution and client skills required to grow into a successful professional.
The M&A Analyst will be responsible for:
- Preparing financial and market analysis of specific geographic areas to determine attractiveness of growth opportunities for proactive targeting.
- Developing, understanding and adapting valuation models for specific acquisition opportunities. Models will include analyses of historical key metrics such as profitability, revenue mix, labor ratios, client mix, location demographics and other business insights.
- Forecasting acquisition target results and applying valuation methodologies to provide executive management with financial projections, recommended valuation, and key investment metrics.
- Monitoring and interpreting financial and operational performance of executed to determine variation from previously projected results.
- Supporting the Business Development team by managing pipeline tracking tools and developing easily digestible reporting solutions.
- Participating with other corporate departments during due diligence and closing processes.
- Performing ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Minimum one year of post-graduate professional experience in relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related analytically focused field.
- Strong analytical background analyzing statistical, operational and financial statement data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a focus on manipulating large data sets and succinctly presenting them in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers (i.e. business owners).
- Ability to make recommendations to management based upon review of data.
- Must possess a high level of work integrity. We are looking for a self-starting, energetic, results oriented team player to support our growing business.
Apply via website at