Internship, Corporate Functions
Apply via Handshake at https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/jobs/644974
Internship, Corporate/Commercial Banking
Apply via Handshake at https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/jobs/644996
Job Summary: Provides support in one or more Synovus Corporate functions (e.g., Risk/Compliance Management, Finance, or Credit)units. Performs a variety of assignments that offer practical experience and broad exposure to Synovus organizational structure. Interns are considered to be an integral part of the team and are provided with tasks that are both challenging and educationally stimulating.
Minimum Education: Currently enrolled in bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a closely related field. Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework. Student should have a pending graduation timeframe between December 2017 and June 2018 .
Pay: ~$20/hour with up to $1000 housing stipend
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products, including advanced Excel skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
*Utilizes related software to run reports and queries for various monthly processes. May gather and organize data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports. Prepares project reports, progress summaries, statistical analysis, and related data as required.
* Performs industry research and analysis to be used in new business development. Reviews customer data for accuracy and input to credit systems. May reviews financial data against established criteria to evaluate customer credit worthiness. May learns the basics of underwriting and the basic concepts of financial accounting and cash flow.
*Contributes individually or as part of a team to support the designated business unit. Assists with problem solving to maintain operational excellence.
*Works towards goals and objectives and participates in special projects as defined and assigned by management.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
* Performs other related duties as required.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 17TH!