Who are we?
TrueWealth is a fee-only SEC registered investment advisor with more than $1 billion under management that develops comprehensive wealth management strategies for affluent individuals and families.
Who do we need?
We are currently seeking two rising Seniors for our 2018 summer internship program who are seriously interested in a career with a registered investment advisor. This individual should exemplify excellence in high-touch client service.
TrueWealth consistently ranks as a Best Place to Work. Some of those distinguished honors include:
- Being named one of the top 50 small places to work in the U.S.;
- #4 in the nation for Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance by Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine in 2016; and
- #1 Best Place to Work for women by Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine in 2015.
The TrueWealth internship program combines classroom and on-the-job training with real-world financial planning experience. The program covers TrueWealth’s Advisor-Track career path in depth to provide the intern with a firm grasp of TrueWealth’s financial planning process and approach to client service. During his or her tenure at TrueWealth, the intern will:
- Learn the basic functions of TrueWealth’s core technologies including: Tamarac, Schwab Institutional, MoneyGuidePro, and Morningstar;
- Be paired with a coach who will delegate tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to: email correspondence, maintenance of client relationship records, cost basis projects, client meeting preparation and scheduling, balance sheet management, and financial plan preparation;
- Participate in live client conference calls; and
- Meet with coach at the end of each week to discuss and document the applicability of education and learning opportunities with the financial planning process as outlined by the CFP® Board.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning, Business Finance, or Accounting;
- Internship experience with a registered investment advisor, brokerage firm, bank, or similar financial firm (preferred);
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Strong business communication skills;
- Effective listener who contributes solid ideas;
- High quality-control standards;
- Team player able to work effectively with staff members at all levels;
- Punctual both in work performance and work hours; and
- Displays initiative by actively anticipating needs and proactively working to address them.
Technical Experience for the ideal candidate:
- MS Office Tools including: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (required).
Apply via Handshake at https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1371867
or directly on website at http://www.truewealth.com/about/careers/
Full Time Position Opportunity