Sophomore Summer Financial Analyst Program
Apps Due 1/26
The Summer Financial Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students with an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time analyst. You will gain exposure to Wells Fargo’s operations, business strategies, and corporate culture by working in a Middle Market Banking office with experienced team members.
The Summer Financial Analyst Program is approximately 10 weeks in length and is non-rotational. Offers are made for a specific Middle Market Banking business and location, based on candidate preference and business need.
MIDDLE MARKET BANKING
Middle Market Banking is Wells Fargo’s largest relationship business, with more than 120 Regional Commercial Banking Offices (RCBOs) nationwide. We enjoy the largest market share of middle-market relationships among our national competitors.
Our clients are typically mid-sized companies that have annual revenues from $20 million up to $1 billion. We serve companies from virtually every industry, including manufacturers, retailers, distributors, importers and service companies. We also have specialized teams with expertise in the beverage, food and agribusiness, technology, media, telecom, and waste and recycling industries as well as in heavy equipment dealers, ESOPs and investor real estate.
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
During the summer, we focus on your training and development so you’ll be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. You will gain insight into Wells Fargo’s corporate and credit culture, as well as opportunities for community involvement, networking and analytical training in Middle Market Banking specific concepts along with:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a summer financial analyst. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Professional Support: You will be matched with a full-time analyst or a high-performing relationship manager who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer.
- A virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience while you get to learn about trends in the financial markets.
- Organized networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer and full-time financial analysts.
YOUR NEXT STEP
Summer financial analysts who successfully complete the program are considered for the Financial Analyst Program. Many interns who work with us during the summer return to Wells Fargo as full-time analyst.
For additional information about the Summer Financial Analyst Program and the various businesses of Wells Fargo, please visit: www.wellsfargojobs.com/early-careers.
-Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
-Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
-Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
-Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
-Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
-Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in December 2020 or May/June 2021
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Please know that in order to be considered for a position you must also apply via our company career website. In order to facilitate this, you must first have an active job seeker profile on www.wellsfargo.com/careers. Please follow the steps below to create your profile no later than Monday, January 28th.
*If you already have a profile or have applied to a Wells Fargo job previously, no action is necessary at this time. If your contact information has changed since you last logged in, please log in and update accordingly*
- Visit www.wellsfargo.com/careers
- Click on “Search Jobs”
- Click on “New User”
- You will be prompted to create an account. Please complete all fields and select “Register” once complete