Disney is looking for a sharp accounting student in their Glendale, California, location for a Summer 2020 internship.
APPLY HERE: Financial Accounting Analyst Intern
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2020 to August 2020.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration
of their internship program.
A Day in the Life…
This internship presents an exciting opportunity to learn about the Music industry and be exposed to critical accounting transactions impacting the business. The intern will support day-to-day operations, quarter-end close activities, and ad hoc requests. Specifically, the intern will assist with revenue processing for the music group, including streaming, digital downloads, physical goods, and licensing. The responsibilities include not only the mechanics of processing revenue, but also analysis, troubleshooting, and ad hoc projects to improve the processes of the business. The intern will also be exposed to ongoing system integration efforts for The Walt Disney Company’s recent acquisition of 21st Century Fox.
The intern will interact with others on the DMG Accounting team, as well as key business partners in various teams including Finance, IT, Segment/Corporate Reporting, and Royalties. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to network and assist with other managers across Studio Controllership.
- Processing domestic and international sales files from a variety of sources
- Reconciling sales revenue between various systems
- Preparing journal entries and supporting documentation
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assisting with sales analytics and other close deliverables
- Other ad hoc projects and requests
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Self-motivated and deadline-oriented
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A desire to become a CPA
- Enthusiasm for building a career in the accounting and finance industries
- Business experience through internships, part-time work, and/or On-Campus involvement preferred
- A desire to become licensed as a CPA
- Currently working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance, or a Master’s degree in Accounting.
- 3.3 GPA
- 3.5 GPA or higher preferred
- QUESTIONS? Visit Support.DisneyPrograms.com for assistance. This site is a terrific resource for students and includes articles addressing many frequently asked questions.