The IRS is offering a federal government volunteer service program. It will provide an opportunity for students to enrich their formal education and gives students early career experiences to guide them in making future vocational choices.
Click here for more information.
More about the position:
Positions and Location Multiple Vacancies Nationwide
Vacancy Announcement Number: Not yet available
Opens: TBD, Closes: TBD (End of April)
Your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration in time/date order received until all student volunteer openings are filled
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE POSTED TO THE USAJOBS WEBSITE AT: http://www.usajobs.gov
DON’T WAIT! CREATE YOUR RESUME NOW and UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS! @ http://www.usajobs.gov
Student Volunteer Program Summary
- This is a federal government volunteer service program
- IRS will provide an opportunity for students to enrich their formal education
- This program gives students early career experiences to guide them in making future vocational choices
- Students are not entitled to any benefits such as sick or annual leave, health/life insurance, transportation subsidies, or payment of any kind from the IRS
Duration of Program
12 weeks during summer 2019 with possibility to extend for up to six months
As an Investigative Analyst Student Volunteer, you will: Assist Special Agents and other personnel, plan and complete work assignments on time, collect and analyze relevant information, prepare quality draft documents, communicate relevant and accurate information clearly and concisely during formal or informal meetings, collaborate with others to accomplish goals, contribute to team efforts, use various enterprise tools and technology to prepare and share documents and other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be enrolled at least part-time in an accredited college/university
- Must maintain student eligibility and enrollment throughout the duration of the program
- Must have completed at least 60 undergraduate semester (90 quarter) hours from an accredited college/university
- Must be majoring in Criminal Justice or business related fields (Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Law, Law)
- Must pass an interview
- This position requires students to complete a pre-employment background check that will include fingerprinting, drug testing and a tax check to ensure they are fully tax compliant.
Written Agreement (MOU)
- Required between the IRS, the school and the student volunteer
- Will include description of the program
- Defines the responsibility of the IRS, the school and the student volunteer
- Will include description of duties
- Will include tour of duty (i.e., number of hours and days to be worked per week)