Kassouf & Co., P.C., an accounting, consulting and planning firm, is currently seeking a Staff 1 accountant for their Auburn, Alabama - Estate, Gift, and Trust Group.
The deadline to apply on Handshake is 9/5 at 11:00 pm. You can apply at the link below.
- GL accounting and account reconciliation
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for trust, estate, and gift taxes; consult on complex tax matters
- Prepare documents and reporting in compliance with the Uniform Trust Code
- Assist with trust and estate administration, including cash receipts and disbursements and related recordkeeping
- Interact closely with other Kassouf team members to provide support, tax planning, consulting and tax compliance services for related clients
- Research tax issues and provide tax planning and consulting services
- Prepare correspondence to taxing authorities
- Work closely with managers and partners on client management, delivery of innovative tax planning as well as practice development and business development activities
- Build relationships with clients and manage client expectations; identify opportunities to expand services within the client base; promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Keep abreast of latest developments in tax guidance to anticipate and address estate, gift, and trust tax planning and compliance
- Assist with examinations by tax authorities
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality