Spring 2017 "Meet the Firms" is open to all Auburn University accounting majors and is scheduled for Tuesday, 1/24/2017, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center.
How do I prepare for Meet the Firms:
- Make sure your resume is perfect and free of errors. Need help with your resume? Visit the Office of Professional and Career Development
(OPCD) in 101 Lowder Hall on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for Resumania and
get a 10-minute resume review. Bring plenty of resume copies on professional resume
paper to the event. If you need a resume template to create or improve your existing
resume, click here. See PDF example after completing template.
- All attendees must RSVP by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 19, 2017 by completing the RSVP in Handshake (Click Attend Events, AU Meet the Firms, Join Event). Before completing the RSVP
survey, make sure your Handshake profile includes your preferred first name and hometown;
otherwise your nametag will not include this necessary information.
- Review the Spring 2017 Exhibitor Map (no longer available) and Exhibitor Locations (no longer available) documents to develop your strategy for meeting your firms of interest during the
two hour event. To find out more about your firms of interest, review the Meet the Firms Employer Profile Book (no longer available).
- When attending the event, budget your two hours (120 minutes) wisely based on the
number of firms you want to meet. For example, if you plan to meet 12 exhibitors,
you'll have only 10 minutes per exhibit.
What is the appropriate attire?
- Appropriate attire is Business Professional. Employers may be dressed business casual, but students are required to dress professional. You want to make the best possible impression. It's better to be overdressed than underdressed.
Other Logistical Information:
- To help employers identify the different cohorts of students in attendance, we have
a color coded sticker system on all student nametags. Your classification is determined by your ultimate graduation
- Green sticker: ACCT upper-classmen (i.e. seniors or graduate students)
- Yellow sticker: PREB or ACCT majors who will complete their spring internship in 2018 or later (i.e.
freshmen, sophomores & juniors)
- Your pre-printed nametags are courtesy of Becker CPA Review, so their logo will be on the face of it. Please stop by the Becker Professional
Education table in the “pre-function” hallway area of the hotel, as they will be doing
a raffle for a set of FREE Becker flashcards or Final Review. The flash cards and
final reviews are a GREAT study resource for the CPA exam.
- Review Hotel layout map (no longer available) for your check in location (etc.) - All students who RSVP will receive a pre-printed nametag upon check-in. You must also sign-in (using computers provided), so we can track
your attendance. The registration table will open at 5 pm, so come early to avoid
the crowds and ensure you get a close parking spot!
- Parking Map (no longer available) – an attendant will be working the hotel parking lot and directing you to overflow
areas once it is full. Due to the size of our event and the size of the hotel lot,
we anticipate the lot filling up by 5:30 pm. Students should enter through the doors marked by a blue star on the parking map. The rear entrance outside of the Auditorium is for Employers Only.
- Beverage stations will be available throughout the conference center for students and employers, but
there will not be any food served to students.
- During the event, a “green room” area will be provided for students wishing to take a break from the event or write notes on business cards (see hotel layout) (no longer available).
last updated: 04/02/2019