Vulcan Materials Company has three entry level corporate staff accountant positions available in their Birmingham office.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Natasha Friedl, Supervisor of Accounting Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Your Career. Build America’s Future.
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. When you join Vulcan, it’s more than starting an exciting career – you get to make a difference for millions of people every day across the country.
When you join Vulcan, you join a dynamic culture in which career development is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. No matter the role or the location across the country, every member of the Vulcan team lives through the Vulcan Way: doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze Data. Analyze and reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Perform Month-End Tasks. Process and prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile accounts, and research issues. Participate in closing activities under tight deadlines.
- Maintain Records. Maintain accounting records in accordance with Company policies and GAAP.
- Prepare Reports. Prepare annual tax work papers, 10K schedules, and other monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Collaborate. Assist your supervisor and other coworkers as needed. Provide assistance and additional help on time-sensitive special projects. Employ effective team-building skills in order to work in a group or to assist in bringing a group to consensus.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Education. Must have a BS Degree in Accounting.
- Experience. Must have a minimum of two years of general accounting or cost accounting experience. Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Organizational Skills. Must have strong organizational skills and display attention to detail. Must have strong time management skills. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills. Must have strong communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization. Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Technology Skills. Must have strong computer skills, including skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
What You’ll Like About Us:
- Great Company Culture. Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
- Safe. Industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
- Meaningful Work. What sets us apart is the work we do impact daily lives – and every employee contributes. Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
- Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
- Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match and contribution.
- Training and Development. We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals as a key part of our business.