*THIS POSTING IS NOW CLOSED.*
The YWCA of Central Alabama needs a full-time summer (May-August) and fall (August-December) UNPAID intern in their Birmingham location. If you have an interest in the non-profit industry, this would be excellent experience to train under the CFO.
More from the YWCA:
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Our vision is to create a more caring community. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community. YWCA Central Alabama responds to the needs of women, children and families, provides shelter, dignity, hope, and a strong foundation as we help those we serve find the strength to rebuild their lives.
The Accounting Intern will have a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms and is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our CFO, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
• Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
• Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Working with bookkeeping software.
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze
data, track information, and support the company or clients.
• Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
• Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
• Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
• Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Send a cover letter and resume to Parlisia Jenkins (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.