Cox Enterprises Business Process Analyst Intern Summer 19 Atlanta, GA
Summer 2019 Business Process Analyst Intern
Cox Automotive offers internships across 10+ locations within the U.S. for current college students. Throughout the summer, students will have the opportunity to complete challenging business-
critical projects alongside some of the most talented individuals in the automotive technology industry. The program will allow students to enhance their leadership skills through the delivery of professional development educational components as well as exposure to existing Cox leaders.
Duration : 10 - 12 weeks, full time, paid internship.
The Business Process Analyst intern supports the organization by planning, executing and delivering initiatives that impact the Customer Operations team.
Customer Operations is responsible for order fulfillment and post-delivery support for Autotrader and KBB brands. The BPA documents current business processes and recommends, communicates and implements solutions for an improved future state.
This role interacts with business owners, training, communications and other stakeholders. He / she uses sound project management, change management and business process analysis tools leading to increased customer satisfaction, higher revenue opportunities, and improved operational efficiencies.
- Serves as project team member of large to small process improvement initiatives
- Improves systems by studying current practices; proposes modifications
- Documents business processes (process modeling) for current- 'as-is' and future- 'to-be' state
- Analyzes business processes for waste, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement
- Creates business presentations summarizing process analysis and / or recommendations
- Recommends process improvements by identifying problems; proposes improved procedures
- Works within project requirements of identified project milestones, phases, and elements
- Reports project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Delivers excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Provides project management support on process improvement initiatives
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Able to create business presentations summarizing process analysis and / or recommendations
- Familiarity with the MS Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio preferred
- Knowledgeable of continuous improvement methods, tools, and techniques (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, PDCA, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of business process management (BPM) methods and tools
- Knowledgeable of industry-leading BPM (or BPM related) methodologies and / or frameworks (PEMM, PDQC, BPMN, ADKAR, etc.)
- Motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and an ability to work on a team
- Strong people and customer service skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask successfully