Fifth Annual Tiger Cage Competition
What's the Deal?
The Tiger Cage Business Idea Competition is designed to help student-entrepreneurs build practical skills and launch new business ventures.
The goal of this annual event is to discover, support, and reward the best early stage products, services or business concepts emerging from Auburn University student-entrepreneurs.
How to Register
Submit the following in an e-mail to email@example.com:
- A 250-word (maximum) summary of your business idea – This will be used to introduce the judges to your business concept. Clearly state the problem you are solving, your solution and the market opportunity.
- A one-page “Business Model Canvas” that describes the dynamics of your business idea. You can find the template and additional information at https://strategyzer.com/canvas/business-model-canvas.
- Three PowerPoint slides to describe your business idea and its potential to the judges who are playing the role of angel investors experienced in business development and funding.
Judges will select the top 20 teams to advance to the Round 1 Pitch Day
The Submission Deadline is Friday, November 30, 2018 before 11:59 pm
What You Can Win
Think you have what it takes to start a business? Pitch to us — and you might just win big. Learn how to master the art of the pitch, create a compelling business model, and jump-start your business to success.
The Prize Pool
- People's Choice and Other Awards: $5,000
- Fourth Place: $4,000
- Third Place: $6,000
- Second Place: $10,000
- First Place: $25,000
- November 30th – Submissions Due
- January 7th – Announce Top 20 Quarter-finalists
- February 1st – Quarter-finals Pitch Event
- Each team will have up to 10 minutes (5 to present, 5 for questions from the judges)
- Judges will select the top 8 teams to advance to the semi-finals
- March 1st – Semi-finals
- Judges will select the top 4 teams to advance to the Tiger Cage Finals
- March 29th - Finals
Schedule for Workshops, Mentoring, and Events
|August 29, 2018||Competition Information Meeting||Lowder 129 (5-7 pm)|
|September 11, 2018||Workshop – From Idea to the marketplace||Lowder 154 (5-6 pm)|
|October 16, 2018||Workshop – Keys to a winning business plan||Lowder 154 (5-6 pm)|
|November 7, 2018||Workshop – Making an effective presentation||Lowder 154 (5-6 pm)|
|November 27, 2018||Workshop – Financing a startup||Lowder 154 (5-6 pm)|
|November 30, 2018||Business Idea Submission Deadline||Online Submission|
|January 16, 2018||Workshop – Pitch Practice||Lowder 154 (5-7 pm)|
|Individually Scheduled||Mentoring for Pitch Day Presentations||570 Devall Drive, Suite 103|
|February 1, 2019||Quarterfinal Round (Top 20 Teams)||570 Devall Drive, Suite 103|
|March 1, 2019||Semifinal Round (Top 8 Teams)||570 Devall Drive, Suite 103|
|March 29, 2019||Competition Finals (Top 4 Teams)||Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center|