The Tiger Cage
TIGER CAGE is an annual competition to discover and reward the best early stage products, services or business concepts that emerge from Auburn University students.
- If you have a fantastic idea for a business, and are looking for an opportunity to advance it, this program is designed for you. You will have the opportunity to develop your concept and pitch it to a seasoned group of judges, and potentially win prizes that will help jumpstart your business. Students will compete for a share of a prize pool up to $50,000 and other services.
- Teams that advance will have access to mentorship from the Auburn community of business talent and successful entrepreneurs.
Congratulations to the following teams advancing to the 2018 Tiger Cage Finals:
- Enki Engineering
- ESCAPETM Therapy
- Snippety Snap
Tiger Cage Finals @ The Entrepreneurship Summit – April 6, 2018 - 9:30 a.m.
- This is a public event held at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center.
- Grand prizes: 1st Place - $25,000, 2nd Place - $10,000, 3rd Place - $6,000, 4th Place - $4,000
- People’s Choice Award - $1,000
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Individuals and teams of up to 6 Auburn students are eligible to enter. This is a contest for Auburn undergraduate and graduate students, including campus and online. Auburn students enrolled in Fall 2017 from any school, college, or academic department can participate (students planning to graduate at the end of Fall 2017 may participate).
- Teams must be led by an active student, but recent Auburn University alumni are allowed to join teams. Only students enrolled during Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 at Auburn University may participate in the pitch presentations.
- It is strongly encouraged that teams are inter-disciplinary and consist of a minimum of three members.
- Teams that have received prior outside investment from venture capital firms, private investors or industry sources are NOT eligible to compete.
- Previous Tiger Cage finalists are not eligible to compete.
- Students may only participate on one submission.
- Students may not participate simultaneously in the Tiger Cage and Auburn Regional Alabama Launchpad Competitions.
- All entry materials will be treated as company confidential. The only persons with access to the entry materials will be judges and members of the organizing committee. No other or special provisions are made to protect intellectual property.
- Award money will be granted only to seed the start-up of the submitted idea and will be paid out in stages according to mutually agreed upon milestones. No substitutions are allowed without the approval of the Lowder Center for Family Business and Entrepreneurship directors.
- The Raymond J. Harbert College of Business reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any team from the competition at any time for any reasons. Reason for disqualifications may include, but are not limited to, plagiarism and any other form of academic dishonesty, misrepresentation, misappropriation or infringement of the intellectual property of others, and any failure to comply with these rules and regulations. Disqualified teams shall forfeit any and all prizes awarded to them.
Dr. LaKami Baker, Managing Director, Lowder Center for Family Business and Entrepreneurship firstname.lastname@example.org;
Come visit us at the Tiger Cage Accelerator and Incubator, Auburn Research Park, 570 Devall Drive, Suite 103.
Co-working space and conference room available.