Dozens of firms will send representatives to Lowder Hall in September and October to meet with students. / Image by Joe McAdory
Industry Weeks in the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business provides the ultimate win-win situation for students and potential employers. Students have the opportunity to meet with representatives from dozens of firms, and representatives of the companies get a sneak peek at candidates for future internships and employment.
Industry Weeks, sponsored by the college’s Office of Professional and Career Development, kick off Sept. 16 at Lowder Hall. The weeks will be filled with interview training, resume building, job expos, corporate visits and guest speakers.
The schedule for next week (Sept. 16-20) is as follows:
* Learn How to Research Firms Participating – Monday, 4 p.m., 101 Lowder Hall
* Get Help on Your Resume/How to Interview - Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 101 Lowder Hall
* What Jobs Are There in Consulting/Technology? - Tuesday, 3 p.m., 101 Lowder Hall
* How Do I Act at an Expo? - Tuesday, 4 p.m., 101 Lowder Hall
* “Learn About the Industry” Employer Panel – Wednesday, 5 p.m. 110 Lowder Hall
* Practice Talking to Recruiters – Wednesday, 6:15 p.m., Alabama Power Room, 5th floor Lowder Hall
* The Expo (Wear Professional Dress & Bring Resumes!) – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. ground floor Lowder Hall
The schedule with firms tentatively expected to be represented is:
• Consulting and technology, Sept. 16-20: Quorum Business Solutions; KPMG; Greenway Medical Tech; BIAS Corporation; Ernst & Young; Deloitte; Carter’s; Capgemini
• Supply Chain/Operations and Aviation Management, Sept. 23-27: Home Depot; Saddle Creek Corporation; Georgia-Pacific; Dollar General; PVH; Southeastern Freight Lines; Colgate-Palmolive; HUB Group; Old Dominion Freight Line; Elite Transit Solutions; Target; Carter’s; CL Services; ABC Supply Company; R+L Truckload Services & Global Logistics; Damco Distribution Services; Timco Aerosystems; MasterBrand Cabinets; Exel; Uline; Plumbers Distributors; Tennessee Commercial Warehouse; Werner Enterprises; FedEx Freight; Save-A-Lot Food Stores; Waffle House
• Finance/Corporate Accounting, Sept. 30-Oct. 4: Waddell & Reed; Regions Financial; BBVA Compass; Republic Finance; Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
• Marketing/Sales/Retail, Oct. 14-18: PLS Logistics Services; POOL Corp.; Ferguson; Frito-Lay; Brooksource; Sherwin Williams; Total Quality Logistics; Target; Republic Finance; Waffle House