About the Center
The Center for Ethical Organizational Cultures provides resources for ethical leadership. The Center provides for instructional and training resources as well as a vibrant speaker series. The Center also supports the research mission of the Harbert College of Business and sponsors a student organization.
Check out some of the latest activity from the Center below!
- Harbert College marketing professors: Trust Us...Good ethics is good business
- Richard Edelman, president and CEO of the global communications and marketing firm that bears his name, unveiled key insights from the 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer at this year’s World Economic Forum in Davos. Findings revealed that trust has changed profoundly in the past year with "my employer" emerging as the most trusted institution. Linda Ferrell, Chair and Professor of Marketing at the Harbert College of Business, and O.C. Ferrell, James T. Pursell Sr., Eminent Scholar in Ethics and Director, Center for Organizational Ethical Cultures at Auburn University, weigh in on what this means for the role of trust in driving employee engagement, corporate reputation and brand equity.
- Wells Fargo's Organizational Culture: Can You Bank on It?
- According to an expansive New York Times article published March 9, Wells Fargo continues to struggle to address concerns both inside and outside the organization related to ethical behavior and employee culture at one of the largest consumer-focused financial institutions in the United States. Harbert College professors Linda and O.C. Ferrell ask whether or not the company has the right leadership and management teams to implement effective risk management and rebuild an ethical organizational culture.
Follow the links below for some additional insight into what the Center has been working on!
- 2019 Campus Being a Difference Awards - April 16, 2019
- Tim Self, Director for Compliance and Ethics for the Southern Company - February 28th, 2019
- 2019 Publishing Code of Ethics
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility Related to Brand Attitudes
- Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Brand Attitudes: An Exploratory Study
Updated: August 31, 2017