For more details about plans for fall, visit Auburn's A Healthier U site.
What If I Still Have Questions? Call (334)844-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
We're Here to Help
Our advisors are ready to assist you with your academic needs. You are assigned to an academic advisor and can view your advisor assignment on the My Academic’s Tab of your AU Access. If you are in the College of Business and do not have an assigned advisor, please contact us at email@example.com.
Business students who need to schedule an advising session should do so in Advise Assist. Your advisor will update his or her Advise Assist availability regularly. In our continued effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, all Academic Advising sessions will be delivered via Zoom and email (use AU email account only). Students will still receive customized academic plans through this delivery method and will continue to have access to academic advising.
(regardless of major)
Federal VA Students
(Registration for Spring 2021 classes)
Last Names A–L
Last Names M–Z
ACCOUNTING All Molly Hulsey BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Last Name A–F
Last Name G–Z
BUSINESS ANALYTICS All Satrina Kelley-Jordan FINANCE Last Name A–Sh
Last Name Si–Z
INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT All Molly Hulsey MANAGEMENT All Satrina Kelley-Jordan MARKETING Last Name A–S
Last Name T–Z
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT All Christy Tanner NON-BUSINESS STUDENTS
Pursuing a Business Minor
Beth Ann Mabrey PROSPECTIVE ON-CAMPUS TRANSFER -OR-
Students considering business as a 2nd major
All Candice Brooks
- Currently declared business majors who want to change to a different Business major should email their current academic advisor.
- Current pre-business students who are eligible to declare their intended business
major should go to https://aub.ie/PREBdeclare
- Business majors
- Business students who wish to transfer OUT of the Harbert College of Business should go to https://aub.ie/majorchange
- Non-business students who wish to transfer INTO the Harbert College of Business should go to https://aub.ie/majorchange
- Non-business students with questions about transferring into the Harbert College of Business should:
- Business minors
- Current business students who want to declare or drop a minor in business should email their academic advisor
- Non-business students who are interested in a business minor should review all requirements of the minor before declaring. Once all requirements are reviewed in full, a minor can be declared at https://aub.ie/NBdeclareminor
- Non-business students may drop their business minor at https://aub.ie/NDdropminor
- Other AU minors can be reviewed at Non-Business Minors. Students should declare non-business minors with the appropriate college.
The information below is for students currently enrolled at Auburn University who are interested in transferring into the Harbert College of Business.
I. Majors Offered in the Harbert College of Business:
Accountancy, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Finance, Information Systems Management, Marketing, Management, and Supply Chain Management
II. Career Opportunities Associated with Business Degrees:
Students who have questions about internship and/or career opportunities may visit the Office of Professional and Career Development in 101 Lowder.
III. Course Requirements for Each Major:
Students with less than 30 hours of earned credit prior to transferring into the Harbert College will enter as ‘Pre-Business’ majors and will follow the Pre-Business Curriculum. Students with 30 or more hours of earned credit before transferring into the Harbert College may 1) enter as 'Pre-Business' majors or 2) enter directly into one of the 4-year majors listed in Section I. Students who enter directly into a major will follow the curriculum model for that major.
IV. How and When Can I Transfer Into the Harbert College of Business?
To initiate the transfer process, students should retrieve their academic file and a transfer form from their current academic advisor and bring both items to 147 Lowder Hall. Students will be able to schedule an advising session with their business advisor within 1-2 business days of initiating the transfer.
Students may transfer into the Harbert College at any time. The Academic Advising Office (147 Lowder Hall) is open Monday-Friday, 7:45-11:45 and 12:45-4:45. Hours are subject to change due to orientation sessions and/or campus events. Call (334) 844-4049 to inquire about office hours for a specific day.
V. Course Transfer Rules:
Students can review the following transfer rules to determine if coursework they have already taken will satisfy Harbert College requirements:
- MATH 1610 or 1617 will satisfy the Harbert College MATH 1680 requirement.
- Any transferred STAT course will satisfy the Harbert College BUAL 2600 requirement.
- Per university policy, students cannot receive credit for more than 4 hours of PHED courses.
- Students pursuing a major in the Harbert College cannot receive credit for ACCT 2810, MNGT 3810, MKTG 3810, or FINC 3810.
VI. Planning Courses Before Officially Being Accepted into the Harbert College of Business:
Students should plan according to (1) notes on the printed curriculum model, and (2) Pre-requisites and course descriptions listed in the AU Bulletin. Students can determine which courses they need to take for the upcoming semester by printing a copy of their intended curriculum model, marking through the course work they have completed and are currently completing, and reading course pre-requisite information for the remaining courses that have not been 'marked through'. Students can also access a Degree Works audit to perform a 'What If' function.
Students who have not yet transferred into the Harbert College of Business cannot register for Business course work via AU Access. Non-business students are required to wait until the end of the registration period before requesting seating in business courses. Requests can be made in the appropriate departmental office(s) in Lowder Hall.
Current and prospective Harbert College of Business majors are required to use the AU Bulletin to find course descriptions and course pre-requisites. Click on ‘Courses of Instruction.’ The abbreviation "Pr." stands for pre-requisite.
All Harbert College of Business undergraduates are required to complete a graduation audit with their assigned academic advisor. Graduation audits are completed only on an appointment basis.
When should I make an appointment for a graduation audit?
Summer and Fall graduates should complete their audit during the months of January-March
Spring graduates should complete their audit during the months of August-October
How do I make an appointment for a graduation audit?
All students who fall within a specific mathematical range of completed hours will receive an email regarding appointment options for graduation audits. Applicable students should follow the emailed instructions to make an appointment.
What should I bring to my graduation audit?
A pen and paper. Your advisor will provide all other audit materials.
Please find the link to the curriculum model that applies to you below. Please contact your academic advisor if you have questions about the appropriate model.
- A HEALTHIER U– AU’s comprehensive plan for a safe and healthy return to campus
- Academic Calendar(which includes course drop deadlines)
- AU Bulletin
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Professional and Career Development
- Study Skills/Academic Coaching
- Study Partners/Tutoring
- Supplemental Instruction
- Orientation programs
- Veterans Resource Center
- Other resources