How to Apply to Auburn MBA
In the face of the uncertainties and challenge presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Auburn MBA Programs’ top priorities are the health, safety and well-being of our current and future students, faculty and staff. To this end, we want to remove as many barriers as possible to those wishing to apply for admissions into our MBA program for Fall 2020.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, GMAT and GRE testing centers are not able to accommodate test takers at this time. With that in mind, the Full-Time and Online MBA programs will NOT require the GMAT or GRE test score requirement for the Fall 2020 admission cycle if you meet any of the criteria listed below:
- Have conferred a terminal degree OR have already completed another master’s degree.
- Have 3 or more years of full-time, professional work experience
- Graduated with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited business school with a 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Graduated with an undergraduate engineering degree from an ABET accredited engineering school with a 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA.
We will also consider other waiver requests through individual review, and those requests
should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please schedule an online appointment with our admissions advisor.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) may be waived according to criteria above.
- Begin your application by visiting the Auburn Graduate School webpage or linking directly to the Graduate School Application.
- Upload to the application all required admissions documents listed above (i.e., current resume, unofficial transcripts, letters of recommendation and GMAT score if available).
- Selected Full-Time MBA candidates will be contacted for an admissions interview. Candidates interview in-person or online with both Auburn MBA Programs' Director Jim Parrish and Graduate Career Services Director Frank Oprandy.
- Once an official admissions decision is made, you will receive notification from Auburn MBA Programs and the Auburn Graduate School. You must both accept our offer of admission and pay a $450 confirmation fee to secure a spot in the upcoming class.
- The final step is to enroll in classes for the semester.
GMAT / GRE Test Requirement
Auburn MBA Programs accommodate students with undergraduate degrees in all disciplines. The GMAT or GRE is required for all applicants except those with a terminal degree (e.g., PhD, JD, etc.). The GMAT is the preferred admissions test. However, if you have already completed the GRE, Auburn MBA Programs and the Admissions Committee will take this into consideration and review your score. GMAT and GRE may be waived if the criteria above is met.
An Auburn MBA Programs admissions advisor can guide you through the process.
for Your MBA Application
We encourage you to start your application as early. Keep in mind that you can complete your application over time as you acquire the items and information below:
- Current resume
- Official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (including high school AP credits)
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- GMAT or GRE score if available or seek a waiver for GMAT or GRE