- Application and Admission
- Financial Aid
All applications for the MBA are submitted to Auburn University Graduate School. Visit www.graduate.auburn.edu for application information and to apply online. You will be required to create an account user name and password so you can access future information regarding your application and the admission decision.
405 West Magnolia Ave., Suite 503
Auburn University, AL 36849
Our Full-Time MBA program begins each fall semester. The deadline to apply for Fall Semester 2019 is May 31, 2019.
Auburn MBA Programs has switched to a rolling admissions model. Auburn MBA staff will receive and review applications upon completion. Competitive applicants will then be contacted to schedule an admissions interview (an interview is requirement of Full-Time MBA applicants only). This is an expedited review process that is beneficial to applicants who are planning next steps in their education and career.
Applications received after deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Campus program enrolls between 40- 50 students each fall semester.
No prerequisites are required for the MBA program, but we do require all newly admitted students to complete academic leveling work before their first semester. This pre-work will prepare every student, regardless of undergraduate degree, to meet MBA expectations.
Confirm receipt of application materials by contacting Auburn MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or email@example.com.
Transfer Credit Policy
We allow students to transfer in up to six credit hours (or two classes) that will be applied toward elective credit. We do not accept transfer credit for core classes.
The Full-Time MBA program accepts transfer credit under the following conditions. All conditions must be met to be considered for transfer. If the courses meet the below requirements, you may submit them for review using the instructions below.
- All courses must be from an AACSB accredited institution
- All courses must be graduate level
- All courses must be from a college of business or business school
- All courses must have a B letter grade (80/100) or higher
- All courses must be submitted with a copy of the syllabus
- All courses must be independent and not used towards a previously earned degree
Transfer credit can be evaluated with an unofficial transcript, but will not be approved or applied to the Auburn record until an official transcript has been received and evaluated.
Contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to take a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam if I am an international applicant?
The Auburn Graduate School requires minimum English proficiency scores for international students.
Applicants may qualify for an exemption depending on official government language and medium of instruction. An Australian applicant, for example, may not be required to submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score. However, a resident of Quebec, Canada, would.
Exemptions are handled on a case-by-case basis, but we generally process the exemption for an international student who received an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
Below is the Graduate Tuition and Fees Schedule for Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019. Schedule shows full-time (9 hours) graduate tuition on a per semester basis. Click here for further detail.
Visit Auburn Student Financial Services for additional resources related to tuition and fees.
Description Resident Non-Resident
Student Services Fee
Harbert College of Business Professional Fees
(9 credit hours)
(9 credit hours)
Total Tuition and Fees $7,441 $17,071
Graduate students enrolled over 9 hours are not charged an extra hours fee.
Graduate students enrolled less than 9 hours are charged according to the Tuition Rates Per Credit Hour schedule.
You may also contact MBA Program Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or email@example.com for additional information.
All MBA students are eligible for financial aid. Please contact Auburn Student Financial Services for more information at (334) 844-4634.
A competitive number of graduate assistantship (GA) positions are also available to campus students to offset expenses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Office Suite including Outlook®, Excel®, Word® and PowerPoint®
- Flexibility with office working conditions and location
- Working hours will be a minimum of 14 hours per week
- Ability to lift 25 pounds (where applicable)
- Be available to travel on occasion – will not be primary role of the position
- Tuition waiver for each semester you are enrolled in the program – fees are still applied and average approximately $3,500 per semester
- Stipend of $804 per month paid for work completed in the program
- Access to work alongside Harbert College of Business faculty and staff
- Maintain 3.0 Auburn MBA grade point average
- Positive feedback from supervisor
Contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught at (334) 844-4060 or for additional information.
Harbert College of Business MBA programs attracts a large number of veterans, and we are experienced with Veterans Educational Assistance Program benefits.
Please contact MBA Programs Admissions Advisor Julie Vaught with specific questions at (334) 844-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Full-Time MBA program is a cohort based program that takes 17 months to complete.
Concentrations are achieved when a student has completed three or more electives in one subject. Concentrations are not noted on the diploma or transcript and are not a program requirement.
- Business Analytics
- Information Systems
There are options to complete another master’s degree while working toward an MBA. The following programs are approved and have their own plan of study:
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Master of Science in Finance
Students considering a dual degree must apply through the Graduate School.
Harbert College of Business offers three additional Graduate Executive MBA programs.
- Online MBA is ranked No. 9 among the nation's best online MBA programs by U.S. News & World Report. It provides ultimate flexibility for establishment to late-career professionals unable to interrupt their careers to pursue a graduate business degree. The GMAT is required.
- Executive MBA combines distance learning and campus residencies for a flexible delivery model that accommodates working professionals desiring an MBA. Eight years of professional work experience is required in lieu of GMAT testing.
- Physicians Executive MBA is tailored to the needs of physicians interested in a fully-accredited MBA degree. This cohort program accommodates the demands of busy practicing physicians with a flexible delivery model that combines streamed online courses and minimum residency requirements. No GMAT is required.