After finishing their undergraduate degrees in business and working a number of years, many business professionals desire to change career paths into accounting. Now they can without relocating the family or giving up their full-time jobs. The online Accounting Bridge program is designed for candidates seeking the accounting prerequisites for the online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) or Graduate Certificate in Accounting (GCA) programs.
The Bridge program is the most efficient path to the online MAcc or GCA. Although candidates won't receive an undergraduate degree, they do qualify for financial aid and they complete the seven accounting prerequisites for the Masters in Accountancy or Graduate Certificate in Accountancy.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Online Accounting Program
Auburn's campus accounting classes are recorded, and distance learning students view their lectures via streaming video either live or at a time convenient to their work schedules. Therefore, online students follow the same academic calendar and receive the same instruction and degree as their campus counterparts. The online program is identical to the campus option regarding rigor, standards, and student accountability. The only difference is that online students are not physically on campus.
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the online Bridge program in accounting is limited to second degree seeking candidates only who meet the following criteria:
- Four-year regionally accredited (SACS, NCACS, NEACS, etc.) degree from an U.S. institution
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder (Permanent Resident) and have either a USA or APO address from a SARA authorized state
- Must meet the business foundation prerequisites
Prospective students who do not hold business degrees are not eligible to apply until they complete the business foundation prerequisites.
Students who are working full-time may take six semester hours per semester and complete
the program in four semesters. Students who are not working may complete the program
The admissions process and advising is administered by Auburn Accounting Online in the School of Accountancy. Completed applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the Committee on Undergraduate Study in Accounting. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The accounting programs at Auburn University are accredited by The Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the “gold standard”
of business and accounting education.
Reasons to Choose Auburn Accounting Online
- The MAcc Class of 2019 averaged an 93% or better pass rate on all four sections of the CPA exam – far above the national average.
- Offered online since 2000, the programs offered by Auburn Accounting Online are accredited by The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International)
- The business school has smart classrooms where on campus classes are recorded and streamed online to distance students for live viewing or to be viewed later – thus distance students get the same material as on-campus students, with online discussion boards supplementing in class discussion and facilitating interaction among peers and professors but with the flexibility needed for a working professional.
Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accountancy)
Another option for prospective students holding AACSB accredited business degrees it to pursue an undergraduate degree in accounting through the online Bachelor of Science in Accountancy program. Eligible candidates for the online BSBA in Accountancy must have the following credentials:
- Four-year AACSB-accredited bachelor's degree in business or an AACSB-accredited MBA
- USA or APO address only
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accountancy
Students interested in seeking the accounting coursework needed to sit for the CPA Exam only also have the option to pursue the Undergraduate Certificate in Accountancy (UCA). The UCA is a minimum of 24 semester hours and helps students meet the accounting hours needed to qualify and be successful on the CPA Exam.