Auburn University requires a minimum 3.0 major GPA & a minimum 3.0 AU cumulative GPA to satisfy graduation requirements.
The MSIS degree is an open degree that has only three required courses. ISMN 7836 and ISMN 7666 are database and systems respectively and contain material necessary for successful completion of the final project course (ISMN 7986). The project course is conducted as an individual course in conjunction with the student’s committee chair and members.
Several concentrations are possible within the degree program. Current concentrations include a three course sequence in security, Geospatial information systems, or technical skills.
Courses are subject to change depending on what is offered in a given semester.
- BUAL 6606: Predictive Modeling I
- BUAL 6616: Predictive Modeling II
- BUAL 6656: Enterprising Management of the Big Data Environment
- BUAL 6666: Tech Aspects of Big Data
- BUAL 6866: Communicating Quantitative Results in Business
- ISMN 6046: Telecommunications Management
- ISMN 6296: Advanced Programming Application Development
- ISMN 6376: Project Management
- ISMN 6626: Business Applications with Open Source Software
- ISMN 6656: Advanced Object-Oriented and Internet Programming
- ISMN 6736: Security and Information Assurance
- ISMN 6746: Information Risk Analysis
- ISMN 6906: Directed Studies
- ISMN 6966: Special Problems
- ISMN 7666: Information Systems Analysis and Design
- ISMN 7836: Advanced Database Management Systems Projects
- ISMN 7886: Advanced Management Information Systems
- ISMN 7986: MMIS Project
Graduate Programs Officer