All Supply Chain majors at AU are required to participate in a 10 week to 6 month long internship. There are numerous opportunities—but each student must seek out, apply, and obtain an internship on their own.
The Harbert College offers students a lot of help. After establishing your major in SCMN, follow these steps:
- Make an appointment with Marcia Gibson, Coordinator of Professional Experience & Internships in Supply Chain, Lowder 114.
- Contact her at Marcia.Gibson@auburn.edu.
- Appointments with Mrs. Gibson can be made via Handshake.
- Download and read the SCMN 3920 Internship Packet.
- Learn about careers in Supply Chain Management.
- Write a professional resume. (examples and tips)
- Set up a Handshake account, and post your resume.
- Join ASCMA (Auburn Supply Chain Management Association). This student-led professional development group creates opportunities for students to meet and learn from industry leaders. The ASCMA meets monthly during each term. ASCMA provides speakers, tours, site visits, employer panels, and leadership opportunities to its members. ASCMA invites employers, industry leaders, and HR representatives to share knowledge and information with members to enhance their understanding of the SCM profession. For an application, go to: https://harbert.auburn.edu/groups/ascma/membership.html
Attend the next Supply Chain Management Career Fair! The next Supply Chain Management Career fair will be held on Wednesday, February 19 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Go to this hyperlink for more information: https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/13688