Americold, a major temperature controlled warehousing and transportation company, is looking to hire a Summer 2020 audit intern in their Atlanta office. The Americold Summer Internship is a 12-week, full-time, paid assignment that takes place over the summer months.
More from Americold:
The Americold Summer Internship is a 12-week, full-time, paid assignment that takes
place over the summer months. During this time, our Interns gain valuable knowledge
related to their area of interest (i.e. Operations, Distribution, Finance, Internal
Audit, etc.), while contributing to one of the COOLest business sectors. The internship
includes assignments on challenging and industry-specific projects, plus the opportunity
to network with organizational leaders, colleagues, and peers.
As an Americold Intern, the experience you will gain here will not only be essential to your professional growth and development, but your talents will make a vital difference for our company, too.
Essential Functions / Areas of Learning include
- Assist with testing related to the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program including completing and documenting key process walk-throughs, testing controls and assisting in remediation efforts
- Assist with the completion of various interim external audit field work
- Review, evaluate and test performance metrics of corporate functions and company operations, with an emphasis on accounting and finance processes or warehousing/transportation functions
- Complete forensic audit around Travel and Entertainment (T&E) expenses
- Participate in a process review and risk assessment of the Company’s Claims Process
- Participate in an on-site operations audit
- Fully engage in all stages of financial, compliance and operational audits: planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Address and complete all review notes resulting from completed audit work
- Provide meaningful communications and audit management
- Complete research of technical and industry matters as required
- Other duties as required, including selected data analysis and administrative tasks
- Travel may be required but will not exceed 10%.
Qualifications/Additional Skills & Abilities
- Current undergraduate students at Junior or Senior level with studies in the areas of Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, or Business Administration
- Prior intern and/or work experience internship
- Demonstrated leadership in work and/or academics
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization including with senior level leaders
- Excellent technical skills including a strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting goals and deadlines.
- Ability to influence and think creative and strategically
- Ability to analyze and problem solving
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs (internships range from 20-40 hours per week).
- Must be able to commute to other facilities in the surrounding area and travel to our corporate office in the Atlanta, GA