Aprio, a premier CPA-led business advisory firm, is looking to fill an entry-level audit associate position in their Birmingham, AL office.
Our team of credentialed audit experts work with businesses and industry leaders to avoid financial and business risk that can be distracting, costly, and debilitating if not mitigated. We work with companies to improve financial reporting capabilities, internal controls, evaluate accounting issues, and stay ahead of the curve with new accounting regulations that could have potential impact on long-term business growth. We help companies assess the quality of information they use to make strategic business decisions, and help identify areas where they can improve operating efficiencies.
- Skillfully and accurately performing audits for public housing authorities
- Preparing audit work papers and adjusting trial balances
- Compiling financial statements into a written report to be presented
- Creating and strengthening relationships with coworkers and clients
- Traveling 75% of the time
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed CPA or 150 credit hours to sit for the exam
- Must be able to start full time at the latest January 2020
- 0 –1 year of experience working for an Accounting firm
- Understanding and applying Excel skills
- 3.25 GPA Overall or Accounting GPA
- Demonstrating exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required
- Working effectively and personably with clients and co-workers