The ASCPA is hosting a “Student Summit” on Thursday, October 29th from 1-4 pm. The Summit will include roundtable discussions with CPAs, business leaders, and students. Professionals from across the country will discuss a broad range of subjects, all of which are designed to prepare our students become future CPAs. We will have a total of eight roundtables, which will last approximately 15 minutes each. We will end the day with a keynote address by Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, past chair of the AICPA.
2020 ASCPA Student Summit Agenda
1:00 – 3:00 pm, Roundtable Discussions
- Social Media Presence – Kari Wolfe with Avizo Group
- Building your Resume – Charles Baughman with ITAC Solutions
- CPA Exam Mechanics – Ashley Stephens with Becker & Ryan Hirsch with Surgent
- Value of Membership Organizations – Maunda Land with Land Consultants
- Virtual Communications in 2020 (email communications, interview tips & networking) – Jennifer Neal with KPMG & Heather Russell with BMSS
- Backpack to Briefcase (the transition) – Dr. Florence Holland with AICPA
- The 5th Year – Dr. Lane with AUM & Andee Hodo with Auburn University
- Working with a Diverse Team – Boomer Consulting
3:00 – 4:00 pm, Keynote Speaker, Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, CPA
The event will be hosted using the Career Fair + app.
Please email Mrs. Lakas (Colby.email@example.com) to confirm your interest in attending.