BBB Industries, the world's largest re-manufacturer of auto parts, is looking to hire a payroll staff accountant in their office in Daphne, AL.
Perform daily payroll and benefit maintenance, monthly reconciliations and various accounting-related activities, create reports and working closely with the Compensation and Benefits Manager to provide management information and support as required. The duties for Payroll/Benefit Accountant include, but are not limited to, those described below.
- Processes Payroll Maintenance
- Process all payroll Adjustments
- Email response to inquiries by EOD
- Phone calls returned daily
- Processes payroll Garnishments
- Processes insurance deduction changes
- Processes W-4, direct deposit, insurance deduction changes
- Process multi-location payrolls
- Train & Assist Management with Time & Attendance
- Assists in special projects as required.
- Assists in the development of payroll policy and procedures.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- BS or BA degree in accounting
- Minimum two to five years of payroll experience.
- Will consider recent or soon to be graduate.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail orientation with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically proficient in MS Windows software.